Respected Contributor

Opinions on best JEOPARDY host are ramping up

Jeopardy!’: Which guest host tops your list so far? Ten people have handled the ‘Jeopardy!’ gig; a few have stood out

PUBLISHED: June 15, 2021 at 3:44 p.m. | UPDATED: June 16, 2021 at 4:03 a.m.

Our favorite? This might surprise some, but it’s Mayim Bialik.

The former cast member of “The Big Bang Theory” instantly won us over with her charm and genuine enthusiasm for the game. During her two-week stint on “Jeopardy!,” she was passionate and energetic without being over the top. And though Bialik is obviously super brainy (she’s a neuroscientist, for crying out loud), she comes across as very down-to-earth.

We also enjoyed how Bialik playfully (and gently) chided the contestants at times, getting on them when they flubbed what she considered a relatively easy answer. She simply brought a different dynamic to the venerable quiz show.

But then there’s Aaron Rodgers. Maybe our Northern California bias — and love for UC Berkeley — is a factor here, but the reigning NFL MVP was surprisingly engaging during his turn at the podium. He was calm and sure of himself (like he is in the pocket), and, to use an overused sports-scouting term, the guy from Chico has a lot of upside.

Right up there with Bialik and Rodgers (for us) is Buzzy Cohen. We missed seeing the former Tournament of Champions winner during his playing days, so we had no idea what to expect from the guy Alex Trebek dubbed “Mr. Personality.”

While ushering contestants through this year’s “TOC,” Cohen handled things extremely smoothly, exuding confidence and a fun sense of humor. One other thing he has going for him is his youth. At 36, he’s the youngest guest host, meaning he could handle the job for a long time if he wants it.

The worst guest host so far? Dr. Oz. Ugh. No contest and enough said.

But that’s just our opinion. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Opinions on best JEOPARDY host are ramping up

I agree w/Aaron and Buzzy - I'd be pleased if either of them were to be selected as permanent host.  I think seeing Mayim everyday would get old quick.  She may be super brainy but I find her way too dowdy to see every evening hosting a show.  jmo

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

My favorites~

1.  Mayim

2.  Buzzy

3.  Aaron

In this order.  I really didn't care for any of the other guest hosts.........jmo.

Esteemed Contributor

Aaron Rodgers is my favorite for permanent host.  Next choice would be Buzzy.

Honored Contributor

Mayim Bialik !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

sorry...do not agree

Mayim is too chirpy...

and Guthrie...no...You Got It

Anderson Cooper....or Buzzy

Trusted Contributor

BUZZY

Honored Contributor

Aaron or Buzzy.

Regular Contributor

Buzzy Cohen

Ken Jennings

Mayim Bialik

Also really liked Mike Richards, but since he's the producer he may not be wanting the job. Not crazy about Aaron Rogers. His speech pattern/accent made his voice drop at the end of reading a sentence. I'd lose the end of the clue.

I've found some of the criticisms of Mayim to be unfair and sexist. Have only seen complaints about wardrobe choices when the host has been female. Her mentions of her credentials has also been overly criticized. She HAS the real credentials. Didn't hear any complaints when Dr. Oz repeatedly talked about being a doctor. IMO, Mayim did an excellent job and I'd be fine with having her in the position permanently.

Honored Contributor

Aarom or Buzzy - Buzzy or Aaron, makes no diff to me. Both are extremely handsome, extremely stylish in their dress, great personalities. If I HAD to choose one over the other, I'd go with Buzzy. Obviously extremely intelligent, stylish to beat the band, he would follow Alex's lead easily for the next 40 years!!!!