Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion From Those Who Watched Game of Thrones

The series as a whole was great. The last season, eh, not so much.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

It depends on what you like...Its violent, graphic...but also there are family stories and relationships .....you will love some of the characters and cheer when others die.......I loved the series and was sorry that it ended quickly.......

Honored Contributor

I read all the books long before I discovered the TV series so I knew what to expect. If you don't like violence, blood, deception; it's not going to getting better for you.  There's much more of that to come.  It's integral to the GOT world.  It was a sad day when that series ended.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all that took the time to respond!

I think I will try an episode or two and see where I am.

Hopefully, I will be able to figure out who everyone is.  They really did throw a lot of characters at you during Episode 1.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha I haven't read the other responses but this is how I felt about GOT.....yes it is a very violent series!  Some episodes are really quite disturbing. I called it "mud & blood" since there was plenty in every episode.

There are a ton of characters and most have unusual names so it's a bit hard to follow at first.  If you stick with it (I can't believe that we did!!) you do find yourself wanting to know what happens next.  

There are a lot of ups, downs and many twists.  You might find that you look forward to it since the story is well done but very complex if you can stomach the violence.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Absolutely loved the show!  My favorite character, Tyrion Lannister, the dwarf.  The first several episodes do have quite a bit of nudity, violence and crudeness to it, but it's an integral part of the story and the time in which it takes place.  

At first, I had a hard time just remembering the characters names.  However, it all starts to fit together like puzzle pieces with twists and turns you don't expect. 

Games of Thrones and Breaking Bad...two of the best ever produced!    

@ciao_bella He was my favorite character too!

Valued Contributor

@Mersha  I,too,felt overwhelmed with all the names. Plus,I sometimes have a problem with English accents.I turned on the closed caption for my first time viewing the series so I could see the names and associate it with the faces. It helped immensely. 

I have watched the complete series 3 times.First when it came out then a few years ago when I found the HBO app on my Fire TV. DH and I watched it.He wanted to watch it again about 6 months ago so off we went.I must say I understood the different houses and characters much better with each viewing. 

I also loved Breaking Bad so I hope this helps.Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

I resisted watching GOT for years, and then my husband and I finally gave it a try.  Almost gave up after the first couple of episodes, but so glad we stuck it out.  It turned out to be one of the best shows ever.  Hated to see it end. (Although the last season was disappointing).

True it is extremely violent.  Had to close my eyes a lot.

Respected Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I resisted watching GOT for years, and then my husband and I finally gave it a try.  Almost gave up after the first couple of episodes, but so glad we stuck it out.  It turned out to be one of the best shows ever.  Hated to see it end. (Although the last season was disappointing).

True it is extremely violent.  Had to close my eyes a lot.

@Tessa Mendoza   How many shows did you watch until you figured out who everyone was and knew what was happening?

I hate to miss a quality show, which so many have said this is.

Thank you!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@ Mersha - I am embarrassed to admit it took probably half the first season to get to know who everyone was and, as time went on, sometimes I still forgot.Smiley Embarassed  

I think after about the first 5 or 6 episodes I was hooked.  It was nice to find a show my husband and I both enjoyed.  Doesn't happen too frequenlty.