Respected Contributor

Opinion From Those Who Watched Game of Thrones

As many others, I have been watching shows over the last year that I missed.  My son knows what I enjoy and is usually right on the mark with his recommendations.

He has been after me to watch "Game of Thrones."  I tried the first episode last night and found it very violent, disturbing, and very hard to follow the characters.  He advised to stick with it for a few more episodes.

Does it get better?

Thanks!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion From Those Who Watched Game of Thrones

@Mersha wrote:

As many others, I have been watching shows over the last year that I missed.  My son knows what I enjoy and is usually right on the mark with his recommendations.

He has been after me to watch "Game of Thrones."  I tried the first episode last night and found it very violent, disturbing, and very hard to follow the characters.  He advised to stick with it for a few more episodes.

Does it get better?

Thanks!

@Mersha I LOVED it! It gets better with each season, There are some WTH moments! Only you can know if the show is for you, maybe give it another chance (I think you  have to give a show at least two looks) then if it's not for you don't watch anymore.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Mersha  I would say that the violence etc. does not get any better (worse actually) but the storylines are so good with so many twists and turns, it's worth it to keep watching.

The series of books by George R.R. Martin are so good too.

Respected Contributor

I just hated to let the show go so quickly with all the raves.

He told me for years that I had to watch "Breaking Bad."  I finally did and think it is probably the best thing that I have ever watched on TV.  I loved it!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

One of the top ten shows I've ever watched.  Stay with it.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely loved the show!  My favorite character, Tyrion Lannister, the dwarf.  The first several episodes do have quite a bit of nudity, violence and crudeness to it, but it's an integral part of the story and the time in which it takes place.  

At first, I had a hard time just remembering the characters names.  However, it all starts to fit together like puzzle pieces with twists and turns you don't expect. 

Games of Thrones and Breaking Bad...two of the best ever produced!    

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Agree with what others have said.  GREAT show.  I have watched some of the seasons multiple times.  There is a lot of violence throughout the show, so if you really don't like that it might not be for you.  But you should definitely give it a chance.  It's absolutely one of the best shows ever in my opinion.

I loved Breaking Bad too though I sure hated Walter by the end of it!  He turned into such an awful person.  Have you watched Better Call Saul?  It's a prequel to Breaking Bad and is really good too.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Does it get better?

Thanks!

It doesn't matter what others think - trust your instincts. What I bolded is what your inner self is telling you. Don't betray that. There are better options that won't leave you feeling disturbed.

Super Contributor

I'm a big fan of GOT -- one of my all time favorites.  However, I get your hesitancy.  I feel the same way about "Mad Men."  Everyone loves it, but I tried 2-3 episodes and felt no connection to the characters or storytelling.  One day, I might give it another try.

Respected Contributor

Lots of sex, lots of gore and violence throughout. But one of the best shows ever.