Super Contributor

Re: Only Murders in the Building - ABC

[ Edited ]

I also liked seasons 1 and 2 better than 3, but I'm looking forward to season 4.  I'm hoping there is another season.

We sort of bingewatched season 1 by watching it one weekend.  We did the same with season 2.  However, we watched season 3 as they dropped, so there was about a week between episodes.  I'm wondering if I would have liked season 3 better if I had watched the episodes consecutively over one weekend rather than spacing them out.  Seeing Matthew Broderick and Meryl Streep in season 3 was a surprise, but I think the cast can do well without adding other big names.

Respected Contributor

I tried to watch it but I couldn't. Stever Martin and Martin Short are two of my favorite comedians but they're starting to repeat themselves and doing comedies is nothing new for them.

I do think Stever Martin as King Tut was hysterical; I loved Martin Short as Ed Gremly (my nephew does a killer impersonation) and they were both funny as all get-out in The Three Amigos! 

My sister thinks I'm an idiot for liking The Three Amigos!  But what does she know?

Respected Contributor

i wonder how much of the original will be hacked up to show on reg. tv. then i wonder what they will skip, so there is time for commercials?

Valued Contributor

I tried to watch it, based on the glowing reviews, and the fact that I think Steve Martin and Martin Short have always been hilarious entertainers...

But 20 minutes into the show, I heard the GD word three times. 

Sorry, but IMO all of the profanity was totally unnecessary - Especially when it takes God's name in vain. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I tired to like this show but lost interest.  Too confusing to follow and too many commercials.  I love the actors though so gave it a try.

Honored Contributor

I happened to stumble across it last night after work.

A friend had mentioned it in the past so I watched it. 

I'm glad I did - enjoyed it VERY much.

I look forward to next week!

Respected Contributor

Commercials ruined it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles 

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

I've tried to like this show but I just couldn't get into it.☹️

ITA. I kept falling asleep.  Taped all three last night and didn't like it, but I loved the actors. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition  Couldn't agree more!

Honored Contributor

Never saw it before and tried watching the 1st episode on ABC. Just didnt care for it at all and didnt finish that episode and deleted it.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller