Honored Contributor

Re: Only Murders In The Building -- on Hulu

I have had the commercial free version of HULU, while it's nice to not have to sit through commercials, the lower tier with commercials isn't terrible, it's worth it to me to save money. 

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ladyfox412 wrote:

I like Steve Martin and Martin Short so enjoyed them together.

Our HULU has commercials and tire of the same ones over and over.  The commercial free version is 3 times the price we pay.

@ladyfox412   Are you paying the $6.99 per month-which is the basic plan with commercials.

The next level is $12.99 per month, commercial free.

Check it out-the other versions combined with Disney and all are expensive so maybe you are looking at the premium plans?

@Cakers3 

I caught a special on FB and pay $4 a month. HULU isn't worth $13 for us.

We have a handful of streaming service and with the exception of Netflix, nothing is more than $6 a month. (STARZ is only $3)

@ladyfox412   Those are great prices.  We used to have the basic HULU and I think we paid $6 then decided to go with the commercial free.

Glad you have other sevices.  I'll have to check out STARZ-I thought that was a Dish type service.  Good price.

Thanks.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Only Murders in the Building has just earned 17 Emmy Nominations.  Some of them include:

Outstanding Comedy Series

Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series -- Steve Martin

Best Lead Actor in a Comedy Series -- Martin Short

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series -- Jane Lynch

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series -- Nathan Lane

Plus 3 separate Emmy nominations for episode "The Boy From 6B" (the silent episode from the perspective of Theo Dimas)

Respected Contributor

Well, it looks like I'm back to being me - the one who rarely likes much that's on these days. Bummer.

I got a bang out of Season One, a surprise! And I really got a bang out of Martin Short, who'd always annoyed me as someone who tried way too hard to be zany.

Another surprise!

It was a fun romp through gorgeous NYC apartments, quirky writing, plot twists and crazy characters....with the exception of Sting who just didn't seem to belong.

Unfortunately, Season Two has left me cold. WHY so many star cameos? The chemistry just doesn't work, especially with Amy Schumer. 

Plus, this season's plot is so contrived! A painting of Charles's father?!

His affair with Bunny's mother, & the artist of the painting?

(Shirley MacLaine doesn't seem old enough to be Bunny's mother.)

Give me a break, says this TV curmudgeon.

Muddling through...
Regular Contributor

@sabatini 

Move over!  I'm waiting for something to happen and so far nothing.  I'd even forgotten about Nathan Lane's deaf son. I still cannot stand Selena Gomez's voice.

Respected Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

@sabatini 

Move over!  I'm waiting for something to happen and so far nothing.  I'd even forgotten about Nathan Lane's deaf son. I still cannot stand Selena Gomez's voice.

LOL! 

I appreciated @Cakers3 description of Selena's "dry delivery", but have to agree with you, @ladyfox412.

Mabel sure moved on to a new love interest quickly, didn't she?

I came acroos this old pic of Steve Martin online the other day, and thought some of you might enjoy it. I did!

292354470_5947937968567888_8256432878370690883_n.jpg

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

It's crazy and contrived, but I still like it!📺😜

Honored Contributor

I just read they started filming the third season and Meryl Streep will be part of it!!!

Respected Contributor

Super excited for the new season! @Jordan2