Regular Contributor

Re: Only Murders In The Building -- on Hulu

I watched the 2 new episodes too.  Loved seeing Shirley MacLaine.  I would give this series 5 stars except I do not like Selena Gomez.  Her voice is irritating and her acting uninspiring.

Trusted Contributor

@ladyfox412  I appreciate what your saying but I do like Selena, not sure why but I think she kind of makes it work between the 2 older guys & makes the show.

Honored Contributor

@ladyfox412 wrote:

I like Steve Martin and Martin Short so enjoyed them together.

Our HULU has commercials and tire of the same ones over and over.  The commercial free version is 3 times the price we pay.

@ladyfox412   Are you paying the $6.99 per month-which is the basic plan with commercials.

The next level is $12.99 per month, commercial free.

Check it out-the other versions combined with Disney and all are expensive so maybe you are looking at the premium plans?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed the first season so much and enjoying the second season, too.

I like all the characters and the actors who portray them.

No, Selena is not pregnant, althought that first episode this season seemed to indicate she might be; I even wondered with that first outfit.

You just never know what one of them will come out with-LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Anyone watching the newHuluumurderr mystery series, Only Murders in the Building

It stars Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez.  When I first read about this show, I thought, Selena Gomez?????  But they are a fantastic trio for this mystery-comedy-drama.

It premiered this month (it may have started on August 31, actually) with four half-hour shows.  But now it's in it's regular one show a week roll-out.

I love it!  Sort of a grown up Hardy Boys meetsMurderr She Wrote. 

Nice list of surprise guest stars so far -- Tina Fey, Sting.

th.jpg

@Caaareful Shopper 

Anything involving Steve Martin is usually good....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I just watched the the first 2 episodes of season 2 today. Love this show.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@ladyfox412  I appreciate what your saying but I do like Selena, not sure why but I think she kind of makes it work between the 2 older guys & makes the show.

@colleena   I agree with you.  Martin Short is hyper and his thinking is off-the-wall.  Steve Martin is a thinker but still Steve Martin in character.

Selena is the one in the middle who asks the questions that needed to be asked and points out the flaws in some of the others thinking.

Her character is calmer and therefore her acting reflects that-calmer and not as out there as Martin and Short.

All three blend perfectly.

Contributor

I loved the first season and it looks as though the second season will be great too.    The cast and writing are amazing.

I have to say for me though, Martin Short steals every scene he's in.  And that is saying something when the rest of the cast is so top notch.

Regular Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ladyfox412 wrote:

I like Steve Martin and Martin Short so enjoyed them together.

Our HULU has commercials and tire of the same ones over and over.  The commercial free version is 3 times the price we pay.

@ladyfox412   Are you paying the $6.99 per month-which is the basic plan with commercials.

The next level is $12.99 per month, commercial free.

Check it out-the other versions combined with Disney and all are expensive so maybe you are looking at the premium plans?

@Cakers3 

I caught a special on FB and pay $4 a month. HULU isn't worth $13 for us.

We have a handful of streaming service and with the exception of Netflix, nothing is more than $6 a month. (STARZ is only $3)

Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

I just watched the the first 2 episodes of season 2 today. Love this show.

me too. Well I just had time for one episode but looking forward to second  and others when they come out.

I subcribed to HULU ( the one with commercials ) just to watch the last season. I kept it . I have seen other shows that I will watch.