Honored Contributor

Only Murders In The Building -- on Hulu

[ Edited ]

Anyone watching the new Hulu murder mystery series, Only Murders in the Building

It stars Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez.  When I first read about this show, I thought, Selena Gomez?????  But they are a fantastic trio for this mystery-comedy-drama.

It premiered this month (it may have started on August 31, actually) with four half-hour shows.  But now it's in it's regular one show a week roll-out.

I love it!  Sort of a grown up Hardy Boys meets Murder She Wrote. 

Nice list of surprise guest stars so far -- Tina Fey, Sting.

th.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Only Murders In The Building -- on Hulu

This and Jungle Cruise are the only 2 good things advertised that look good all year. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I haven't seen it, but it's in my ever growing watch list.  It looks fun.  I love a good murder mystery and Steve Martin and Martin Short...what's not to love?

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if you can watch this one on the basic HULU (with commercials ) ?--lowest priced one?

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Does anyone know if you can watch this one on the basic HULU (with commercials ) ?--lowest priced one?

@okaywitheasypay   I'm pretty sure that's what I have -- yes. 

Honored Contributor

I'm really bummed but I couldn't get into this at all. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, that's how I watch it. 

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am really loving this! There’s something so effortless about Steve Martin and Martin Short - it may sound corny, but they are just fun to watch. In fact, my only complaint is Tina Fey - her character is acting like a…well, a character. She could be in an SNL skit. But, she’s not really in it much at all and has little to do with the story. I think Selena is holding her own pretty well among these pretty iconic stars - can’t wait to find out more about Mabel.
Valued Contributor

We are really enjoying this show as well. And has anyone noticed that Steve Martin looks the same as he did 10 or 20 years ago?

This show is such a nice break from the typical network dramas that are so predictable and really boring, or comedies that have silly laugh tracks that I don't watch because I just don't think they are funny.

Hope Hulu produces more shows like this.

Respected Contributor

I like the show but it moves slowly. I don't care for Selena's acting. I think they wanted younger people to watch this show. I think Sting is hilarious and his storyline. I was surprised they made Selena one of the Executive Producers on the show.