Respected Contributor

Re: Only 3 "Grimm" episodes remaining...

@gardenman  Hi,  I will say I haven't followed Grimm faithfully but liked it whenever I did see it.  Even a casual viewer can see the chemistry amongst those characters so I'm sorry to see a good show go.  My question, since I don't know the shows canon, is this, are the Monsters/ changable folk, like the Marval mutants as in human plus or are they truly their "monster" physiology and only don "common" human form for safety reasons?  That being said, would they WANT to remain "human" forever?  Just wondering.  I hope the final episodes are entertaining for all!

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I wasn't thrilled with this last episode. The previews also make it very, very clear that our heroes survive their time in the Black Forest and return to Portland intact followed by the monster. (Good job of killing any suspense there guys.) I'm guessing they have to bring the monster back to Portland so they can use the stick to kill it. Maybe once the beast is killed all of the various Wesen then revert to human form thus eliminating the need for a Grimm and ending the series? We'll have to see what happens, but that's my best guess of how they'll wrap everything up right now. 

Gardenman.....I was disappointed in the preview showing too much and taking away any suspense or anticipation for next week's episode.  

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@gardenman  Hi,  I will say I haven't followed Grimm faithfully but liked it whenever I did see it.  Even a casual viewer can see the chemistry amongst those characters so I'm sorry to see a good show go.  My question, since I don't know the shows canon, is this, are the Monsters/ changable folk, like the Marval mutants as in human plus or are they truly their "monster" physiology and only don "common" human form for safety reasons?  That being said, would they WANT to remain "human" forever?  Just wondering.  I hope the final episodes are entertaining for all!

I think they're human first as they talked in an early episode about the shock kids have when they change for the first time. Kind of like puberty.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I wasn't thrilled with this last episode. The previews also make it very, very clear that our heroes survive their time in the Black Forest and return to Portland intact followed by the monster. (Good job of killing any suspense there guys.) I'm guessing they have to bring the monster back to Portland so they can use the stick to kill it. Maybe once the beast is killed all of the various Wesen then revert to human form thus eliminating the need for a Grimm and ending the series? We'll have to see what happens, but that's my best guess of how they'll wrap everything up right now. 

Gardenman.....I was disappointed in the preview showing too much and taking away any suspense or anticipation for next week's episode.  

The preview was a bit too much in my opinion. From the preview, we know that the monster guy ends up in Portland, and that everyone apparently lived until then and that Nick's partner is shooting at the monster guy with an automatic weapon, likely to distract him, so Nick can finish him off. (I guess since they can't take the stick through the mirror to the Black Forest, they have to bring the monster to the stick.) They should have held back a bit on the preview in my opinion. You're left with a cliffhanger and then, "Tune in next week when our hero is rescued from the cliff and meets the love of his life and they get married and live happily ever after." So, why am I tuning in next week if I already know pretty much everything that happens?

I'm kind of assuming that Nick kills the monster guy in some manner. (Likely using the stick.) That would then end the curse of the Wesen or whatever you want to call it and with no Wesen there's no need for a Grimm, so the show ends. I think they gave away far, far too much in the preview though. Maybe there are still some surprises and it's likely someone ends up dying. (Juliet/Eve would be my guess since they already killed her once.) But, jeez, they didn't have to show us as much as they showed us.  I suspect Diana is the key to the Monster, Nick and Eve getting back to Portland, since they showed her reaching into the mirror in the preview.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Count me in as another who will be sorry to see this show end.  I've watched every episode starting with the first one.  Once I saw the benevolent, humorous werewolf-type character of Monroe, I knew this was something different.  People are hoping Netflix or someone like that may pick it up, but since David Giuntoli (Nick) is already signed to do another series, I doubt it will happen.  I'll miss it.

Honored Contributor

I really didn't think there was any chance that Nick and Juliette wouldn't get back to Portland and they didn't tell us the whole story of the skull guy/devil wanting Diana as his bride for nothing. So the preview wasn't really a spoiler to me. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Grimm ended for me when Nick's mother was killed and then Juliet.  Have to hand it to them though because I never thought Nick and the hexinbeast woman would fall in love. Can't remember her name on the program.    

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Count me in as another who will be sorry to see this show end.  I've watched every episode starting with the first one.  Once I saw the benevolent, humorous werewolf-type character of Monroe, I knew this was something different.  People are hoping Netflix or someone like that may pick it up, but since David Giuntoli (Nick) is already signed to do another series, I doubt it will happen.  I'll miss it.

Nick (Giuntoli) had a small part recently in one of the programs I watch all the time.  I'm trying to remember which one.  I always watch both NCIS's but I don't think it was on that.  Maybe someone knows. Hawaii Five 0?  Criminal Minds?  He looked silly and out of place honestly when his character was up.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Nick (Giuntoli) had a small part recently in one of the programs I watch all the time.  I'm trying to remember which one.  I always watch both NCIS's but I don't think it was on that.  Maybe someone knows. Hawaii Five 0?  Criminal Minds?  He looked silly and out of place honestly when his character was up.  

I watch a couple of the NCIS series and I didn't see him, must have been another show.

Here is a little blurb about his new show.  No mention of when it might air, though...

"With Grimm wrapping its six-season run on NBC, series star David Giuntoli has been tapped as the male lead in CBS’ drama pilot Mission Control. Without a Trace and Unforgettable star Poppy Montgomery is returning to CBS as the female lead in the project, from The Martian author Andy Weir and The Martian producer Simon Kinberg, which has tapped Brian Buckner as showrunner.

Written by Weir and directed by Jeremy Podeswa, Mission Control revolves around the next generation of NASA astronauts and scientists who juggle their personal and professional lives during a critical mission with no margin for error.

Montgomery will play Julie, flight director for the Durga Mission. Giuntoli plays Stevenson, an astronaut and the Durga Mission’s commander. The character was originally written African American. They join previously cast Nestor Serrano and Levi Fiehler."

Honored Contributor

I'm going to miss it!  I'm curious to see how it is going to end.