Honored Contributor

Re: One Royal Holiday On Hallmark Channel

@Wsmom wrote:

And @stevieb , back to the reason they had the Broadway people, also heaven knows they certainly need to add some new actors into the stable.  Plus it seems that they will have like a certain actor day where two or three of their movies play in one day.  Really...these people are not that beloved that we need a marathon of their movies.  JMO

@Wsmom   that was funny and it's my opinion also.

It's too early for me to start on these movies but I'm reading so I know which ones I should probably avoid.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

From what I've seen so far, on those occasions when I'm in the mood for a Hallmark Christmas movie, it looks like I'll be seeking out some of the older ones... again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I don't usually like those Hallmark royal movies but I enjoyed this one. Loved the queen!!!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Prince was cute but his greasy hair was driving me crazy!!!

Honored Contributor

I wanted to post again about this movie.  I've watched it at least 5 times.  I really like it and think it's a cut above most of the other Hallmark movies.

If you go to you tube and search One Royal Holiday, you'll see video of them recording Winter Wonderland, along with a few other interviews.  My favorite movie of the year so far.

They filmed it in July and quarantined together for 4 weeks.  They actually stayed in the inn used in the movie. The actors said they were thrilled to be offered work since Broadway is closed right now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

this has been my favorite hallmark movie of the year so far.

i also really enjoyed TIME FOR US TO COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, but i am putting that at number 2.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I wanted to post again about this movie.  I've watched it at least 5 times.  I really like it and think it's a cut above most of the other Hallmark movies.

If you go to you tube and search One Royal Holiday, you'll see video of them recording Winter Wonderland, along with a few other interviews.  My favorite movie of the year so far.

They filmed it in July and quarantined together for 4 weeks.  They actually stayed in the inn used in the movie. The actors said they were thrilled to be offered work since Broadway is closed right now. 

@gidgetgh   NBC had a special the other night called The Best Of Broadway.  They had performances and interviews with some of the Broadway actors.  I thought about them in this movie and how it must have been nice to be able to work.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

Since this movie was primarily filmed in Woodstock, Putnam and Hartford, CT, they brought in Broadway actors because CT and NY are neigbors, and, as another poster stated, Broadway theaters have been closed for so many months due to COVID.  It was refreshing to see different actors that are professional dancers and singers.