Honored Contributor

This will air on PBS on Friday November 6  (check your local listings) and stars James Corden. He first starred in this show in 2011 for London's National Theatre (for whom this Great Performance presentation was filmed live), then on Broadway, where he won a 2012 Tony Award. In 2011 a superstar was born when he revealed himself to be a slapstick virtuoso in the side-splitting farce One Man, Two Guvnors.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

This will air on PBS on Friday November 6  (check your local listings) and stars James Corden. He first starred in this show in 2011 for London's National Theatre (for whom this Great Performance presentation was filmed live), then on Broadway, where he won a 2012 Tony Award. In 2011 a superstar was born when he revealed himself to be a slapstick virtuoso in the side-splitting farce One Man, Two Guvnors.

A big fan of James Corden. His Carpool karaoke with Celine Dion and his street operas are some of the funniest skits I've seen. His talent is bigger than that but he's a real comedian. Looking forward to this special. Thanks for the reminder.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Thank you for heads up.  It is under Great Performances going to record.  Wanted to see this.

Valued Contributor

My regional theater performed this 2 years ago. It was very funny and I highly recommend it for a night of chuckles. I have it programmed already.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Synopsis? 

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac The TVGuide didn't say all that much. Running himself ragged as Francis, the hapless servent of two nincompoops unaware of the other, Corden dominates the stage with his tireless physical and verbal comedy.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch this last night? I enjoyed it, but there were times I didn't understand everything that was said. I am not surprised James Corden won a Tony for his role in this, he is great at thinking on his feet. I like how James interacted with the audience, although that woman Christine must have been part of the cast, I can't see throwing water and spraying a fire extinguisher at a regular audience member.

Honored Contributor

I turned it off after the first 5 minutes, just couldnt get into it. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I love James Cordon!

Than you for posting this.

I only got to watch some clips on youtube and when he strted rolling around in his "confused" monologue,

all of a sudden, he reminded me of

the great Robin williamsSmiley Happy!

but himself if you know what I meanHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: One Man, Two Guvnors at the beginning -

Just finished watching - nearly turned it off but so glad I stayed with it.  Absolutely hilarious thoroughly enjoyed it.