Super Contributor

I like this show and have watched all the seasons, but I haven't watched last nights episode yet. From what I understand, it's supposed to be based on that Frozen movie. If I've never seen Frozen (I don't even know what that movie/story is about), will I be able to fully understand the plot from this particular storyline?

I know that Once like to make lots of twists in the original fairy tales and such, and that's part of what I like about it - seeing how they have worked the original story in to the workings of Storybrooke. I'm afraid that I'll miss a lot if I have no idea about Frozen going in. :/ Is this frozen plot just for this episode, or will it be an integral part of the season?

Respected Contributor

Re: Once upon a time - question

i also have never seen the movie frozen and am not familiar with anything but the song. i found last nights episode very contrived and was reminded why i stopped watching it last season.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

OUAT has done two story arc since last season. Since ABC takes it off in March and fans were complaining that they were left hanging, the powers that be decided last season to do a Neverland and Oz arc. my understanding is the Frozen arc is for 10 or 11 episodes and a different story in the second half of the season.

Super Contributor

I watch OUAT but also haven't watch last nights episode yet. I'm a little nervous about the "Frozen" stuff..lol. I've never seen the movie either, I was not happy with where the show was going at the end of last year finale so I'm nervous to watch it. It's my favorite show and I don't want to be let down. I did read it had pretty high ratings last night.
Super Contributor

thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm a little worried. I have it recorded, but I guess I'm not going to watch it yet. While I really like OUAT, I'm not sure I can say that I would like it if I didn't know the original stories before seeing them unfold on the show.

I know that Frozen is wildly popular these days, but I haven't been to a movie theater in a couple of DECADES! I don't have any children or grandchildren, so I really don't have any need to go out and buy this movie. I can't afford to buy movies, lol. I have to wait until things come available on TV or Netflix. So...I guess I'm in a rut for this storyline. Boo.

Honored Contributor

There are other posts on this with the same title here. I posted there. Also someone else explained about the plot layout.

I did not and do not intend to see the movie (I do not watch cartoons) but I love the music and knew the plot of the movie.

I don't think you need to have seen the movie to know or understand it. Go over and read the other comments here, that might help.

iam4truth, go on the internet and read the plot for the movie if you want to; but I don't think it is necessary. Go over and see what others put out on the other postings.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry. I didn't see any other postings. I usually only scroll through a few pages of the TV forum, which go back about 3 weeks before starting a new post. I didn't see any posts about Once upon a time or Frozen. I'm sorry if I missed them.

If the threads are in other forums, then I will likely not see them as I don't even look in most of them. If the thread isn't active on the main page when I come to the forums, or in the TV, pets, or sometimes the Health or kitchen forums, then probably wont see it.

About going and reading forums about the movie or plot, etc...the thing is, at some point I do want to see it. So I don't want to spoil it for when I do! I actually do enjoy some animate movies if they are well done. Smiley Happy

Thanks anyway.

Super Contributor

iam4truth--don't be sorry, I haven't seen this either and I LOOKED! There's not much buzz about this show here, at least as far as what I've seen. Still haven't watched QUAT! Lol