Trusted Contributor

On this day in music history

Honored Contributor

Re: On this day in music history

I first saw the Stones on the Clay Cole show, they  had just come to the States and the Beatles were going strong.  I instantly liked them and became a fan.  I remember well when they were on the Sullivan show and the screaming audience.  I saw them many times in concert, the first few times at a small venue , tickets seven dollars and fifty cents and we sat in the third row.  Soon after they became very popular and the rest is music history!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I first saw the Stones on the Clay Cole show, they  had just come to the States and the Beatles were going strong.  I instantly liked them and became a fan.  I remember well when they were on the Sullivan show and the screaming audience.  I saw them many times in concert, the first few times at a small venue , tickets seven dollars and fifty cents and we sat in the third row.  Soon after they became very popular and the rest is music history!!!!!!

I saw them at Symphony Hall in Newark, NJ.  They were so young and I was even younger.  As a diehard Beatles fan I really appreciated the fact that they were so different and not another British invasion cookie cutter band.

Honored Contributor

I have always liked the Stones and never thought them less than the Beatles.  Just two different types of musicians.

I still have my ticket stub to the concert back when I was 14 years old in a little time box of memories I keep; DS and then GS liked picking through.

We saw them down here about 19 (?) years ago.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Love them!  Hope a North American tour is in the works again.  I am there.