Esteemed Contributor

Re: On a Tom Hanks appreciation thing here.

@I like celery wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

He's done so much!!! I'm watching Sully right now, Think back to all the shows I've seen him in and he's so versitile. 

Think Forrest Gump, Midnight Express, the one where he is on the island alone. I mean, I watch Sully and realize here he is again in an airplane and in the water. But I do think he has done a lot for the entertainment world. Seen him in the spy movie on HBO now, and The one where he's a policeman after the guy who writes bad checks and passes as a professional man in many areas. All very good movies. 

Do you have some Tom Hanks favorites too?

Midnight Express?  I thought that was before his time...was there a re-make with him in it?

I think she may mean "Polar Express."  

@I like celery, Oh, gotcha.  Thanks!!!  That didn't even enter my mind.  

Honored Contributor

i LOVED his tv series bosom buddies......that show always made me laugh.

i also like him in ROAD TO PERDITION and A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN.

i am actually beginning to appreciate him more as a producer. i have watched all of the cnn productions of the decades.....the 60s, the 70s, the 80s. i know they are currently working  on the 90s. such a great time capsule of what made those particular decades special.....both the good and the bad. if you have not seen these they are excellent.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I loved him in the critically acclaimed "David S. Pumpkins!"  <Tongue firmly implanted in cheek.  LOL>    If you are a Tom Hanks fan you have most likely seen it --- it was a SNL skit, last Halloween I believe.

Honored Contributor

The movie: "Big".

Honored Contributor

I've never seen one episode of Bosom Buddies.  I only know Hanks as a film star (although I knew he was in that sitcom).

I loved CNN's The Sixties.  I liked the others a lot too - and they are very educational - but the Sixties was by far my favorite one.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

He's done so much!!! I'm watching Sully right now, Think back to all the shows I've seen him in and he's so versitile. 

Think Forrest Gump, Midnight Express, the one where he is on the island alone. I mean, I watch Sully and realize here he is again in an airplane and in the water. But I do think he has done a lot for the entertainment world. Seen him in the spy movie on HBO now, and The one where he's a policeman after the guy who writes bad checks and passes as a professional man in many areas. All very good movies. 

Do you have some Tom Hanks favorites too?

Midnight Express?  I thought that was before his time...was there a re-make with him in it?

Good grief, I mean Polar Express. Senior moment. Good catch!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget "Saving Private Ryan".

He was also in that movie where he was a ship captain, that was overtaken by Somali pirates, I forget the name.

Who can forget "Splash"?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

He was also in that movie where he was a ship captain, that was overtaken by Somali pirates, I forget the name.

Who can forget "Splash"?

Captain Phillips was the film where he was the ship captain.

Loved Splash!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i LOVED his tv series bosom buddies......that show always made me laugh.

i also like him in ROAD TO PERDITION and A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN.

i am actually beginning to appreciate him more as a producer. i have watched all of the cnn productions of the decades.....the 60s, the 70s, the 80s. i know they are currently working  on the 90s. such a great time capsule of what made those particular decades special.....both the good and the bad. if you have not seen these they are excellent.

@sunshine45 There's no crying in baseball! Great ensemble cast.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Who can forget "Splash"?

Captain Phillips was the film where he was the ship captain.

Loved Splash!

@Pearlee@Plaid Pants2 I never saw Capt Phillips  but love Splash! I googled and found this promo picture. Tom is so young - wow that leg wrap around - isn't this a G rated picture?

splash.jpg