Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On Which Game Show Would You Like to Compete?

[ Edited ]

If you could compete on a game show that is currently airing in either new or rerun episodes, which one would you choose?  I would choose "Wheel of Fortune."  But "Master Minds" is a close second choice.

Honored Contributor

Re: On Which Game Show Would You Like to Compete?

[ Edited ]

Family Feud! But with a different host, can't stand Steve Harvey.....

Valued Contributor

AMERICA SAYS.

Honored Contributor

Since I don't watch current game shows I went way back to Password. One of my favorites as a younger one.

Esteemed Contributor

Probably Wheel of Fortune, although I suspect my successes at home might not translate to a TV studio. My granddaughter says I should be on Jeopardy. Again, at home, I have a good record. However, I'd be terrified to be on that show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

If you could compete on a game show that is currently airing in either new or rerun episodes, which one would you choose?  I would choose "Wheel of Fortune."  But "Masterminds" is a close second choice.

@deepwaterdotter 

Actually, I tried out for Wheel of Fortune several years ago, on Vine Street in Hollywood at the Merv Griffin theater. 

At that time, there were a group of several people who were taken to a class room style room, and given a written test.   I don't know how they evaluated those tests, but then some of us were taken to a room for a "practice" game to see how we played.   Unfortunately, at that time, the ones chosen seem to have been those most demonstrative ... jumping up and down, screaming, acting rather nuts .... like  Price is Right contestants on speed.

From how people were cut, I guess I just wasn't boisterous enough.

Valued Contributor

Price Is Right for me! Bring on Plinko

Honored Contributor

None

Esteemed Contributor

pRe: On Which Game Show Would You Like to Compete?

Definitely Press Your Luck!

5061402_1.png

Honored Contributor

I haven't given it much thought. It would probably be a show more luck than knowledge. I would be afraid I would freeze up and come off looking like a dummy.