Respected Contributor

Re: On Becoming A God In Central Florida

Just watched first two episodes which I recorded and I am really enjoying this.  Knew nothing about the storyline, the acting great - hope it continues this good -  looking forward to next episode tonight.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just watched first two episodes which I recorded and I am really enjoying this.  Knew nothing about the storyline, the acting great - hope it continues this good -  looking forward to next episode tonight.

@dulwich tonight is the second episode, so if you've already watched the first two, you can skip it.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   I am seeing tonight on my t.v.  series 1 episode 3  A Positive Spirit - last week they put on the first two episodes simultaneously which I recorded and watched.

I am on xfinity here in CA.  These are not on demand episodes just the regular program.  Weird eh?

Trusted Contributor

I have been watching this show but have not yet viewed the most recent episode.

I agree here that the acting is very good, especially Kirsten Dunst. However, the concept of this show is bizarre (in my opinion).  Will give it a chance but just not sure about this.  Kind of hard to follow all the insanity.

I may have to rewatch all episodes with concentration to decide whether or not to continue.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Jordan2   I am seeing tonight on my t.v.  series 1 episode 3  A Positive Spirit - last week they put on the first two episodes simultaneously which I recorded and watched.

I am on xfinity here in CA.  These are not on demand episodes just the regular program.  Weird eh?

@dulwich  I'm confused, was episode three on last night? I assumed it was episode two which I had watched On Demand.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2   Yes just checked my recording and it is episode 3 last night - as in my other post first two episodes shown last week - have not watched it yet but will later.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first , I wasn't to sure that this would interest me, however I was channel surfing and caught part of the 2nd episode.  I have now watched all 3 episodes  and  really think it's [ funny  but definitely  a dark comedy. It reminds me of  when the " Amway "  craze was big  in the  late 70's  early 1980's , it was a pyramid  scheme as far as I was concerned.  They touted how rich you could become by recruiting  other in  selling all their Amway products  while you  got a  percentage of their  sales.  And  yes, I  worked with one lady who actually quit her  good paying job with benefits  to sell Amway full time .  This series takes place in  1992.  The hair styles,  makeup   and fashion  are so 1990's.  Kirsten Dunst  is so talented  , She's what draws you into this series along with  several of the other characters.  I'm now hooked  on watching .

Respected Contributor

I'm watching and enjoying the very good acting of the sales hype, it's so perfect, how people go nuts thinking they're going to get rich. 

Respected Contributor

Cody looks and acts like a psycho.  I wonder if he's the person who torched that man's home.  Poor bird.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the barefoot character who torched that man's place  because he knew  the  secret of how FAM destroys families is George Clooney. I think he's listed as  an actor on the series.