Honored Contributor

Re: On 20/20 tonight Friday January 31

Washington State seems to have more than their share of serial killers for some reason.  Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway, Robert Yates, etc.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Washington State seems to have more than their share of serial killers for some reason.  Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway, Robert Yates, etc.  

It does seem that way.   The ones that have stayed with me more than those more well know ones are the senseless & horrific Goldmark Family Murders in Seattle on Christmas Eve 1985, Wesley Allen Dodd who was executed in 1993 & Charles Rodman Campbell ( I still remember the news showing him sticking his tongue out for the TV cameras at the courthouse) who was executed in 1994.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recorded it but I'm not going to watch it. It appears to be a promo for a book that's been written by one of the women in the show, former GF maybe. I don't know and I have no interest in that sort of thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

@DiAnne   I say that about California.  It seems I often hear some criminal mentioned and that he comes from California, to which I say, great, as if we need another one.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl @DiAnne , every time I watch Dateline or similar shows it seems to me they all live in Florida.  I noticed this because that is where I have vacationed for years.  Whatever, seems like the warmer climates have more than their fair share to me.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I watched this last night.  They say he was allowed to get married and have a child.  Was this woman and her daughter, the same woman he married and is this his daughter?

In today's day and age, he wouldn't be considered "handsome" but I think way back then, he was handsome.  I never saw him part his hair in the middle.  I did see him with a very full head of curly hair at one stage of his life.  He looked like any other average college kid - not extra handsome and certainly not repulsive looking.  JMO - I wouldn't have given him a second look......

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

I watched this last night.  They say he was allowed to get married and have a child.  Was this woman and her daughter, the same woman he married and is this his daughter?

In today's day and age, he wouldn't be considered "handsome" but I think way back then, he was handsome.  I never saw him part his hair in the middle.  I did see him with a very full head of curly hair at one stage of his life.  He looked like any other average college kid - not extra handsome and certainly not repulsive looking.  JMO - I wouldn't have given him a second look......

@sophiamarie   That was not the woman he married.  He was with her for four or five years.  The woman he married came to one of his trials and said she didn't believe he was guilty.  She did divorce him at some point.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack   Thanks for the reply.  I remember now - she was the one with the big round glasses, right????

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@NickNack   Thanks for the reply.  I remember now - she was the one with the big round glasses, right????

@sophiamarie   Yes, that was her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Continuing the discussion as to whether or not he was handsome, did anyone else notice the obvious difference in looks between the women he murdered and the women he had long- term relationships with?  Were the women he murdered the kind who would not have looked at him twice? 

I just had to wonder what the psychology behind that was.  I know from previous books written about him that there seemed to be a similarity in looks when it came to his victims.