Honored Contributor

Re: On 20/20 tonight Friday January 31

@bmorechick wrote:

I did tune in and pretty much knew most of what was already covered in other shows about him. I absolutely did not think he was handsome or charismatic. He was a creepy looking guy with a deer in the headlights look about him. This is the first time I have seen his wife and her daughter interviewed and there was something not quite right about either one of them. I do not believe them when they claim he did not exhibit any signs of his sociopathy. I’m thinking they were afraid of him, more specifically the daughter.

It has been reported in other writings and documentaries that his grandfather, who was a horrifically abusive man was also his father. He thought his mother was his sister for years. Family of lunatics. 

@bmorechick, his longtime girlfrend never married him.   He married another lady, Carol Ann Boone,  Ted Bundy met his wife, Carole Ann Boone, when they both worked together in Washington. While they were initially just friends, they began a romantic relationship once he was on trial for murder in Florida. Boone stayed by Bundy's side nearly until the end, but did divorce him a few years before his death.  She died in 2008 and their daughter, conceived in prison, remains off the grid.

Honored Contributor

Can't watch anything about him. When I was a newlywed our minister's niece was one of his sorority house victims. She survived with a lot of bite marks. I think I remember there were 4 girls at the end - 2 of them survived. I don't know much about him, only that he tortured animals when he was young. 

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SeaMaiden I plan to watch...were you living in Seattle st that time?

@dex   Yes! I had just graduated HS in 1973.  I use to go to Lake Sammamish  all the time.  And at the time of the missing girls. Scary time. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing anyone knows about Carole Boone is that the public knows nothing with certainty.

Even the late Ann Rule (among the first to romanticize Bundy) stated in 2008, when she re-released The Stranger Beside Me, that she had no idea where Boone and Rose were. But managed to add that she'd heard that she was a "kind and intelligent young woman." C'mon.

Give me a break. Though "Rose/Rosa" may well have been that, Ann Rule heard no such thing. She simply had a habit of embroidering tales about her subjects.

When Boone finally came to her senses and divorced Bundy three years before his execution, it was believed that she may have moved to Washington state with Rose (and son, Jamey, from a previous marriage). Some even said they were in Oklahoma. Like Waldo, they're all over the place.  Since the press and would-be authors had already been hounding her about the circumstances of her daughter's conception, it's likely that she did change her own and Rose's name. No one knows with certainty what became of either one of them; it's all conjecture. Even those who claim to have "tracked down" her son--the weakest link to anonymity-- via Facebook, admit that they weren't sure and that they couldn't find anyone of interest (ie, his mom or half-sister) among his FB friends lol.

Whether or not Boone even told her daughter of her biological father, who'd even want to come forward? What an irony, too, that this monster would have a daughter. What a horror for two adults to have inflicted on an innocent child.

Imagine the scoop if the now 37-year-old came forward. I'd be willing to say that, as long as that weak link, Jamey, keeps his mouth shut, that'll never happen.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

If I have time next week, I may bring up the episode. For those who are saying he was not attractive, I would say there was nothing in his appearance that would initially have scared those unfortunate victims. In retrospect, we may see him as ugly because of the ugly things he did.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

If I have time next week, I may bring up the episode. For those who are saying he was not attractive, I would say there was nothing in his appearance that would initially have scared those unfortunate victims. In retrospect, we may see him as ugly because of the ugly things he did.

He had really ugly teeth by today's standards for teeth.

Trusted Contributor

I was planning on watching Dateline last night, about the recent murder of the young mother and kidnapping of her newborn baby, but got hooked into watching this one instead.

I also graduated in 1973, right when all of this was the current news.  I was especially struck by the realization of how poor forensic science was back then and how difficult it was to come up with hard evidence.

The other thing is that while watching this, I felt certain that I had met Elizabeth.   I worked in the public sector for so many years, I couldn't put my finger on when or where, just felt that I had met this woman.

I live near an LDS summer tourist destination, with many year-round missionaries, and wondered if maybe she had passed through here, years ago?

Did a little more research and found that she was born in Utah and that her father was a doctor, and that they were, indeed, LDS.  

This is not a normal thing for me, thinking that I have met someone that I'm seeing on TV.  In fact, don't remember having this feeling ever before.  She looked so familiar to me, as well as her very sweet personality that seemed familiar.  It's a small world, you know?  Poor woman!

Respected Contributor

Did they say what was wrong with the woman who was on with her daughter on this TV show?  She looked sort of "frozen" & never moved her head or arms.

Trusted Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Did they say what was wrong with the woman who was on with her daughter on this TV show?  She looked sort of "frozen" & never moved her head or arms.

I don't believe they did, but to be honest, that is what I remembered so vividly.  I wondered if it was scoliosis, but really have no idea.  

Esteemed Contributor

I lived through Bundy,Manson,Speck,Son of Sam all those horrendous monsters. I DO NOT want to see or hear anything else about any of them. Hope they got what they deserved if there is a judgement.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth