Honored Contributor

@Judalinewho do you think it is?

the article in huffington post with lots of photos says it is sonja henie, 1936, during her figure skating routine at the 1936 Winter Olympic Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. 

similar pic is also featured here:

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/521057/Olympic-Museum-to-celebrate-new-exhibit....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

That skater just on from Germany-Nicole (and didn't catch her last name-someone was talking again!)

was so pretty to watch and her costume was pretty too.

I was thinking that this is how I remember skating and then heard Johnny say "almost like old school skating, very lyrical, not calculated and just concentrating on jumps, he was saying.

And yea, she got a pretty high score!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@Judalinewho do you think it is?

the article in huffington post with lots of photos says it is sonja henie, 1936, during her figure skating routine at the 1936 Winter Olympic Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. 

similar pic is also featured here:

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/521057/Olympic-Museum-to-celebrate-new-exhibit....

@sunshine45@Judaline, there's also this that says Sonja Henie:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonja+henie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_joTDibbZAhWLr4MKH...

Jud, It's Sonja Henie in the first short-hemmed dress.

Honored Contributor

I missed Bradie Tennell!  Sigh!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmomwrote:

@LoriLori@stevieb@occasionalrain, remember Victor Kratz and Shae Lynn Bourne?  I loved their skating.  It was not the traditional style of ice dance.  Maybe that’s why I loved it.  I thought they were very original and very talented.  They did medal, silver I think, but not everyone liked their style that’s for sure....

@Lilysmom, I didn't recognize the names at first but a Google showed me they're the ones that did that amazing Riverdance.  Wonderful!  

Honored Contributor

Adam Rippon helping Mirai Nagasu with her costume is giving me life.  I love him so much.  Can't wait for her skate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Olympic Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

On Monday 2/26, NBCSN is going to repackage the skating starting, I assume just show the better performances, starting at 8 am until 1 pm.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

Adam Rippon helping Mirai Nagasu with her costume is giving me life.  I love him so much.  Can't wait for her skate.

Oh.  Sad.  My heart hurts for her.

Honored Contributor

It seems everyone trains somewhere in the US. Why is that?

Honored Contributor

There have been so many beautiful skaters on tonight!

And it is nice to watch so many do so well and be a lot on the same level give or take some points.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"