Honored Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

I missed Bradie Tennell!  Sigh!!!!!

@LoriLori

she was the first one to skate. they have shown a lot of skaters tonight live.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Alina Zagitova has got to be the best skater in the world!

And she's 15!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay- Wasn't she just the epitome of an Olympic champion? 

My favorite events are figure skating, fencing, equestrian and snychronized swimming!!!!!!..I know 3 are summer Olympics.  I cannot do any of them, but I LOVE them.-----------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@tedEbear-

She sure was!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

It does have it’s own thread....it has been on all night tonight, on NBCSN...you get all of the different countries ...tonight was the Ladies Short Program.....this Channel does Not skip around like the regular NBC Channel does......

Honored Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

@sunshine45wrote:

@Judalinewho do you think it is?

the article in huffington post with lots of photos says it is sonja henie, 1936, during her figure skating routine at the 1936 Winter Olympic Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. 

similar pic is also featured here:

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/521057/Olympic-Museum-to-celebrate-new-exhibit....

@sunshine45@Judaline, there's also this that says Sonja Henie:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonja+henie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_joTDibbZAhWLr4MKH...

Jud, It's Sonja Henie in the first short-hemmed dress.

@LoriLori  Well, I've seen all her movies and never, EVER, have I seen her with anything but blonde hair. She's a natural blonde if I ever saw one. She was Swedish and looked it with that blonde hair, etc. They say when a movie star first starts in Hollywood, if you're a blonde, they make you a brunette, if you're a brunette they bleach you blonde. Maybe this is the case. On closer examination, I guess it's Sonja.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLoriwrote:

I missed Bradie Tennell!  Sigh!!!!!

Bless their hearts, but none of the US women performed all that well. When you see the best in the world skate, it really does point out that US figure skating right now is simply not competitve for the top of the podium, most glaring among the women. 

I was just glad to see Carolina Kostner didn't score so highly either. For me, she is to women's skating what V&M are to ice dancing, except they're far more talented... Either way, it's a been there, done that thing and I really don't want to see her skate yet again...

The two Russian women are amazing... and there were also some other beautiful skaters...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@on the baywrote:

That skater just on from Germany-Nicole (and didn't catch her last name-someone was talking again!)

was so pretty to watch and her costume was pretty too.

I was thinking that this is how I remember skating and then heard Johnny say "almost like old school skating, very lyrical, not calculated and just concentrating on jumps, he was saying.

And yea, she got a pretty high score!

I agree @on the bay and I also agreed with Johnny... Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Poopiewrote:

It does have it’s own thread....it has been on all night tonight, on NBCSN...you get all of the different countries ...tonight was the Ladies Short Program.....this Channel does Not skip around like the regular NBC Channel does......

@Poopie, yes, it does have his own thread -- and this is it.  There's a reason all the posts are about ice skating, this is the ice skating thread.  NBC Sports shows the earliest groups, uninterrupted except when the ice is smoothed.  Then the top groups are shown on NBC.  

Honored Contributor

@Judalinewrote:

@LoriLoriwrote:

@sunshine45wrote:

@Judalinewho do you think it is?

the article in huffington post with lots of photos says it is sonja henie, 1936, during her figure skating routine at the 1936 Winter Olympic Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. 

similar pic is also featured here:

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/521057/Olympic-Museum-to-celebrate-new-exhibit....

@sunshine45@Judaline, there's also this that says Sonja Henie:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sonja+henie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_joTDibbZAhWLr4MKH...

Jud, It's Sonja Henie in the first short-hemmed dress.

@LoriLori  Well, I've seen all her movies and never, EVER, have I seen her with anything but blonde hair. She's a natural blonde if I ever saw one. She was Swedish and looked it with that blonde hair, etc. They say when a movie star first starts in Hollywood, if you're a blonde, they make you a brunette, if you're a brunette they bleach you blonde. Maybe this is the case. On closer examination, I guess it's Sonja.

@Judaline, I don't know what you mean, I didn't even know she was in movies but there's no "maybe," @sunshine45 and I have proved to you this is Sonja Henie, which never needed proof to begin with because it was always Sonja Henie.