Honored Contributor

I think it deserves its own thread.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like the way NBC is presenting ice skating.  Two or three here and there and then back to the mountains.  It's confusing and I'm not going to try to watch it anymore.  I'll try to catch the women's finals, that's about it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Tired of the back and forth broadcasting and the frustrating scoring that never makes sense and always seems biased.  Not worth trying to pay attention and take the bologna about the scoring. 

Honored Contributor

Bradie Tennell so good last night, no nerves on her.

Here's my problem and I hope someone can help me:  I fell asleep before Medvedeva (that is so hard to type!) and missed the pairs free skate.

I thought I found it on Comcast On Demand but it turned out to be Scott Hamilton and Tanith White (as boring as her husband) and someone else gabbing the whole time with teeny little clips of the skating.

People with Comcast, can you help?  I'm so angry that it's not available On Demand, none of it.  I pay so much already, do you have to pay extra for X1 to watch On Demand on your tv (not your computer or tablet, I want to watch on my tv and it's not a smart tv).

Trusted Contributor

I feel the same way, last night we were watching the couples skating and they went to the race skating and the snowboarding and we missed alot of the couples skating, I would of liked to watch all the skaters perform.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Tired of the back and forth broadcasting and the frustrating scoring that never makes sense and always seems biased.  Not worth trying to pay attention and take the bologna about the scoring. 

@Sooner, I disagree about the scoring.  I think they've removed as much bias as they can and made it as fair as it will ever be.  There are mandatory deductions and bonuses, reviewed elements and some room for artistry, as well as this being the first Olympics where the judges are not anonymous -- how would you improve on it?

Trusted Contributor

When is it on again?  I can't keep track.

Honored Contributor

Re: Olympic Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I don't like the way NBC is presenting ice skating.  Two or three here and there and then back to the mountains.  It's confusing and I'm not going to try to watch it anymore.  I'll try to catch the women's finals, that's about it.

Not even to mention the one skate to five commercial ratio... At some point, the ad supported networks need to be regulated... And while it's not just the Olympics or any other 'special' broadcast, it's probably most glaring with them. They flash back and forth to the various events to try to ensure viewers will stay tuned for the sake of ratings and probably to appease advertisers, you know, so you won't miss the avalanche of ads...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Olympic Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I feel the same way, last night we were watching the couples skating and they went to the race skating and the snowboarding and we missed alot of the couples skating, I would of liked to watch all the skaters perform.

They're not going to do it that way. Probably somewhat justifiably, with so many countries represented and so many skaters from each country, they are only going to present the US skaters and then those who are contenders. On top of that, as noted, they switch from event to event to try to ensure viewers stay with them througout the many hours they're on. Not saying they should, but that's pretty clearly what they're doing. From what I've seen so far, NBC's presentation has, once again, been lackluster. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Not even to mention the one skate to five commercial ratio... At some point, the ad supported networks need to be regulated... And while it's not just the Olympics or any other 'special' broadcast, it's probably most glaring with them. They flash back and forth to the various events to try to ensure viewers will stay tuned for the sake of ratings and probably to appease advertisers, you know, so you won't miss the avalanche of ads...

@stevieb  This is the part I dislike the most...WAY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS!  I guess I've gotten used to watching shows either on demand or recording them and I skip any ads.  Not so when you're trying to watch it "live"....

A little off topic but is it really "live"?  Ice dancing shown to us in prime time but what time is it there in S. Korea?  ...8am or so?