Honored Contributor

Re: Olivia De Havilland at 100 years old

@Oznell

My Cousin Rachel is my favorite De Havilland movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

she was a great actress who could make any part her own.  i've always liked her.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Wow, you've got me thinking how many of her films I love. Yellow919, you are right.  I think "Snake Pit" is a great intro to her films.  Another one that is superb is "The Heiress" in which she is a plain, insignificant young woman (as if Olivia could ever be that!) who is constantly put down by her father, and blossoms when she meets an attractive opportunist in the form of Montgromery Clift.

I'm also partial to "The Dark Mirror" which you can actually find on youtube.  Olivia plays twins, one of which is evil and the other good.  The good one has much to fear from the evil one...

Olivia de Havilland hero-worshipped Bette Davis, and said on more than one occasion, she wished she could have had Bette's career.  But as much as I love Bette Davis, I think Olivia did just fine....

Yes the Heiress, I have that on my DVR. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Actually, Evelyn Keyes and Ann Rutherford (Scarlett's sisters) have both passed away.

Respected Contributor

Olivia DeHaviland is one of my favorite actresses and she looks great!!  I enjoyed her in so many movies.