Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Frankly, I thought Close wore that outfit because clearly she thought she was going to win the golden Oscar.

I don’t think Olivia should have apologized to her, or consoled GaGa either.

I admit to not having seen any of the movies, but she must have deserved it if she won.  Her acceptance speech was  too humble.  She should have been proud of herself and rejoiced.

I thought she was lovely.

I agree Glenn wore that outfit (which I didn't care for) because she thought she was going to win.  So many people predicted she would, it appears she was pretty convinced she would.

I think Olivia was just being gracious and humble; qualities that seem to often be evident in foreigners more than in Americans, IMO.

I did not see Glenn's performance, but I did see Olivia's and she was fabulous.  I feel bad for Glenn because she is a wonderful actress and has come so "close" (pun sort of intended) so many times.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that Olivia was fantastic as the Queen.  My issue with her winning was that it wasn’t (to me) the leading role.  The two supporting actresses seemed to be on screen more.

Honored Contributor

Re: She seemed truly shocked...she was adorable, most touchin...

@LoriLori   Hi lori. Yeah, that's what I figured, but heck, a girl can hope! Enjoy your Dr. Who!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@LoriLori   Hi lori. Yeah, that's what I figured, but heck, a girl can hope! Enjoy your Dr. Who!

Thanks, Jud, I hope all is well.  I did not enjoy his freshman season of Doctor Who.  I did not enjoy it at all.  Oh well.

Remember when they (but not the man we're talking about) brought Broadchurch here and made it Gracepoint and made David Tennant put on an American accent and it was a total fail?  LOL.

Trusted Contributor

She's a great actress, wonderful speech but that was my least "favorite" movie of the year!