Honored Contributor

Re: Old shows that you are sick of seeing on repeats

@lovesrecess wrote:

I just read that they want to revive The Golden Girls...Cyndi Lauper would star and produce it. I saw a pic of the others in the cast. I knew their faces but not their names. 

That's interesting!  I adore Cyndi Lauper so I'd definitely check it out.

As to the old rerun shows in general, maybe I'm just weird (ok, I am weird) but I just don't watch the stuff that doesn't interest me.   I would imagine that the shows that air are there because there ARE people who are watching, otherwise they would go away so more power to anybody who wants to watch stuff that I don't watch.    There are so many channels, plus all your streaming, etc, that I don't have to watch anything that doesn't interest me.   Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I never see Designing Women, but loved it dearly.  One of my favorite quotes from Suzanne's ex, Dash Goff.

Yesterday in my mind's eye I saw four women standing on a veranda in white gauzy dresses and straw-colored hats.

They were having a conversation And it was hot.

Their hankies tucked in cleavages where eternal trickles of perspiration run from the female breastbone to exotic vacation spots that southern men often dream about.

They were sweet-smelling, coy, cunning, voluptuous, voracious, delicious, pernicious, vexing, and sexing these earth sister rebel mothers, these arousers and carousers.

And I was filled with a longing to join them.

But like a whim of Scarlett's they turned suddenly and went inside shutting me out with a bolt of a latch.

And I was left only to pick up an abandoned handkerchief and savor the perfumed shadows of these women these southern women.

This Suzanne This Julia This Mary Jo and Charlene Thanks for the comfort -- Dash Goff the writer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mash (its even on several channels at the same time!)

Hogan's Heroes

Two & A Half Men and How I Met Your Mother (Never liked these shows and they've been on late night on our local networks for what seems forever-time for something new) 

I Dream Of Jeannie  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Waltons, Family Feud, and The Office. (however, DH likes it)

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

The Waltons, Family Feud, and The Office. (however, DH likes it)

@tends2dogs 

OMG, you are so right about the repeats of repeats of Family Feud....time for it to go....I had high hopes when they started bringing out different shows---America Says, Common Knowledge, Catch 21, Get A Clue, and that Family Feud would FINALLY be axed but no such luck.....And a lot of the questions are sexist, and anti-woman, and in just plain bad taste....I hear that theme music and quickly GRAB MY REMOTE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I love The Golden Girls, but I'm so tired of seeing it. Same with King of Queens.

Last Man Standing (never watched it and have no interest).

Any and all Law & Order and CSI: fill in the name of whatever city shows.

The Andy Griffith Show.

Friends.

Every western show ever made.

Honored Contributor

Designing Women is on now every week night on Antenna TV. 

Honored Contributor

I think you are able to watch Golden Girls anytime of day. It is on some channel 24/7.

I grew tired of the show when they started to make some characters on the show into caricatures. Playing up Rose as dumb with her St Olaf stories. And Blanche with her sleeping with every older man in town. 

I know Dorothy called many of the shots for the direction of the show but I think it was at the expense of her other roommates.

Respected Contributor

I love Match Game but I've seen them all twice now. Enough already.

My biggest complaint might be on TCM where they have millions of movies to show. Please show some we haven't seen or they put them on in the middle of the night and I'm sleeping.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I think you are able to watch Golden Girls anytime of day. It is on some channel 24/7.

I grew tired of the show when they started to make some characters on the show into caricatures. Playing up Rose as dumb with her St Olaf stories. And Blanche with her sleeping with every older man in town. 

I know Dorothy called many of the shots for the direction of the show but I think it was at the expense of her other roommates.

@drizzellla 

ITA....and also how the show plots became all  about "popular causes" (trying to be the show that makes a difference)...... when I watch a sitcom Im trying to escape a bit from this and just want to enjoy some well written comedy scripts without politico talk.....