Valued Contributor

Old TV show we loved. I know it's been done

but I was thinking of a few shows that I used to love to watch. I'll be dating myself, but age but I don't mind.  LOL

Medical Center

Scarecrow and Mrs King

Riptide

I know there are a ton more, but these are the shows I was thinking of the other day

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Re: Old TV show we loved. I know it's been done

Moonlighting~ with Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepard.

Valued Contributor

@cookinfreakW\hen you mentioned Medical Center, remembered how  I had a huge crush on Chad Everett.

Respected Contributor

"Perry Mason" every weeknight at 8PM on FETV....Dialog, no blaring music, explosions, special effects, braying women and infantile story lines.....

I think people like the old shows because they depict a time when people were more respectful, well dressed, and didn't act and sound like moronic animals....and yes I know there were silly shows on teevee...

The Cr**P that passes for TeeVee today is astounding.

Astoundingly BAAAAAD.

Respected Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

@cookinfreakW\hen you mentioned Medical Center, remembered how  I had a huge crush on Chad Everett.

Oh I had that huge crush too .....

Respected Contributor

Replaced later on by Don Jonhson on Miami Vice ...

Honored Contributor

I met Chad Everett back in 1977, he was dressed in black from head to toe, absolutely adorable!!

Honored Contributor

I always think I will enjoy these old shows, but with the exception of " The Waltons " and " Designing Women" , I find them dated and just not as good as I remembered.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

For me, the old shows were so much better than the s8@x and gore that's on today.  

I loved Walt Disney's Sunday night show.  That was the first show we saw in color on a new television set.  The Golden Girls and Little House on the Prairie are two that I watch almosst every day today and still enjoy them. Maybe the photography isn't as good, but the shows are!  My kids and I loved Sing Along with Mitch.  I still watch The Lawrence Welk Show - definitely dated, but music that I enjoy. There were so many. I wish I could remember more.

Regular Contributor

I love the old TV shows and movies.  My children got a huge dose of them when they were growing up.  They still like them.  I always told them that black and white movies (or TV shows) have black and white values.  I find them hopeful and filled with life lessons.  I think  today's shows are blunt and leave nothing to the imagination. 

I provided day care for my grandchildren when they were little.  The boys favorite shows were Daniel Boone and Lassie.  I did find it very funny when my grandson who is now 14 yrs. old told me when he was about 3, he believed that I grew up in a world that was black and white.  I guess to some extent that is true.  I always knew right from wrong because my values were black and white!