Valued Contributor

344D17FB-7337-495D-9BD1-071E19AB7F86.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Makes me wonder if Lassie had pawprints made in cement.

Honored Contributor

I have to watch "Lassie Come Home" every time it is on TV.

We had 2 collies. 

Just read this trivia -

Dame Elizabeth Taylor replaced Maria Flynn in the role of Priscilla. Some sources say Flynn was afraid of the dog on the set; others say that she grew taller than Roddy McDowall or that the strong Technicolor lighting caused her eyes to water. In any case, production was halted. Producer Samuel Marx was walking the 600 block of North Foothill Road in Beverly Hills doing his nightly patrol as an air raid warden when he met Francis Taylor, who patrolled the 700 block. Knowing he and Sara Taylor wanted to get their daughter into the movies, he asked him to bring Elizabeth to the studio. There she was introduced to Lassie and the production resumed.

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Old Hollywood ***

[ Edited ]

What a great picture of beautiful Elizabeth Taylor and lovely Lassie!  When I was young I watched Lassie every week.  I thought Lassie was a beautiful Collie and being an animal lover, was in awe of her being in a TV series!!!!!  Lassie is one of my wonderful childhood TV memories.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG- No, but he does have a star on the Walk of Fame.

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Old Hollywood ***

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

I looked that up on line. I thought for sure Lassie's pawprints were at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. But found this - 

Uggie, the Jack Russell who made such an impression in The Artist, is the first animal star to leave impressions of his paws in the concrete forecourt of Grauman’s Chinese. (He did so the same day that the Oscar-winning film is out on DVD. What a coincidence.)

Uggie enjoyed a photo op with the descendants of those canine stars Rin Tin Tin and Lassie whose paw prints certainly deserve to be enshrined at Grauman’s. As should those of Asta, who made eight Thin Man movies and pretty much upstaged Cary Grant and Irene Dunne in The Awful Truth. As should the hoof prints of the pig who played Babe (there were actually 48 of them, a trainer told me, each wore a pig toupee) and the paws of one of the seven Labradors who impersonated Marley in Marley and Me and the paws of the Siamese who was Pyewacket in Bell, Book and Candle. And, of course, the hoof prints of Trigger.

Trusted Contributor
What 3 dogs are on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

The Times' new Hollywood Star Walk database notes that only three dogs -- Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and Strongheart -- are honored on Hollywood Boulevard. 
Honored Contributor

And maybe Cheetah, Tarzan's sidekick?