Honored Contributor

Ok who mentioned "Outlander"?

Someone on here said she and her husband are watching this.  Well, I gave it a shot, and boom, hook, line, and sinker!  Now I'm in the audience too.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok who mentioned "Outlander"?

Mr Bear is hooked me not so much

but I am thinking of making Claires cowl 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   It might have been someone else who mentioned it but DH and I started it over the winter and have been watching an episode every night. We're almost finished with season two. 

We're really hooked and I would love to go on a tour of Scotland!

Esteemed Contributor

I love Outlander!!!!   So much that I wait to watch the episodes on Starz until I have at least 2 of them, 1 is just not enough, LOL.    It really is an addictive show and makes you go through all kinds of emotions.  I adore Scotland (of course I have some Scottish blood)  and have been fortunate enough to visit twice.  I actually got to visit the castle where many of the scenes were filmed, it was very exciting.   Such a beautiful place, talk about addicting, I would go again in a heartbeat!   

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Mr Bear is hooked me not so much

but I am thinking of making Claires cowl 

Image result for outlander claire's shawl

That's wonderful you can knit.  The shawl is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Image result for outlander claire's shawl

@qualitygal , One of my favorite shows.Heart

Respected Contributor

I've read all the books and have watched the show every season. The anticipation that I felt for the release of each new book in the series is now applied to the release of each new season of the shows. I set up our tv to record the shows to make sure I can watch them at my leisure. The Washington Post had an article in the Travel section Sunday about the impact Outlander has had on tourism in Scotland, especially the highlands (something like a one-third increase). It's worth reading if you're thinking about going there. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my favorite shows.  Last month during the bad weather I binge watched the entire episodes in about 10 days while I was quilting.  

Another show that you would probably like is called Poldark.  The show is similar, but without the time travel.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

One of my favorite shows.  Last month during the bad weather I binge watched the entire episodes in about 10 days while I was quilting.  

Another show that you would probably like is called Polkark.  The show is similar, but without the time travel.

Made a note of that, and the title is familiar, so I'll put it on the list.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal :  Might have been me that mentioned that DH and I started binging it last week; we are almost through season one.  One episode (maybe #14) was really brutal and almost hard to watch.  It took me while while to figure out where I had seen her modern day husband; he was Prince Phillip on the Crown (the first one).