Respected Contributor

Re: Observation About Billy Gardell

molly's mom needs to eat a few hamburgers. the early shows she sure looks anorexic.

Valued Contributor

When they started the show, BG said the producers offered them any kind of help they wanted to lose weight if that is what they wanted to do. I think the show's producers didn't want them to feel they had to be fat in order to keep their jobs. I think he initially took advantage of that, but stopped somewhere along the way. Even though their being fat was the "hook" initially for the show, I think they are past that now and there is a lot of comic material regardless of their weight.
Honored Contributor

It was nice that Mike & Molly did an episode addressing Mike's weight loss.
Trusted Contributor

Do you know that Billy has a show on the game show network? It is about Monopoly.

Honored Contributor

I have seen him on several talk shows talking about losing weight. I also thought I saw him thinner and then I saw the show and he looked heavier.

Maybe they are filmed out of sequence. Maybe that's why he looks heavier because it was filmed earlier.

I agree that they are both funny but he doesn't get the kudos she does.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched from the beginning, so I've been recording the shows in syndication on FX ..... that show is HYSTERICAL !!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Every character is well developed, and the writing is really brilliant .... I hope it's on for a long time! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

As far as weight loss, they can lose weight and still wear baggy clothing if necessary.