Respected Contributor

Re: ON NOW - Dirty Dancing remake

I thought it was awful.  Tried to watch it, but had to turn it off.

Contributor

Loved it!! Don't see how you can criticize the dancing or singing. 

Honored Contributor

The ads alone were BAD enough to say to me, this one is a huge NO.

Some movies you just cannot do a re-do.  This is one of those.

Trusted Contributor

Poor acting, poor dancing - what's left to say?  Yuck!

Frequent Contributor

I watched the whole 3 hours, but as much as I like Abigal Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), she was totally miscast for this part. There will never be another Jennifer Grey. 

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it.  Wasn't as good as the original, of course, but it held my interest.

Katy Segal singing "Fever" was fabulous!  Didn't know Debra Messing was a singer, either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the whole thing.  I agree the two leads were miscast.  Neither were very good.  She never picked up the dancing like Jennifer Grey did.  I  just didnt like him.  Honestly the only thing i remember about the original were the dance scenes.  And the only one in the remake that i thought was as good as or better was the first bungalo staff dance,  That was so good.  I did not recall that Baby actually slept with Johnny, and i dont remember the parents story at all.  I thought the actress who played Penny was a standout.  Billy Dee Williams and the grandfather should have stayed home.  

Respected Contributor

I watched the last 15 minutes  and thought it looked like a bad high school production.  I saw the guy that played Johnny on The Talk.  He was personable and nice looking.  He's a trained dancer.  I cannot believe it was the same person in the movie.  Baby was equally bad.  Jennifer Grey was tiny.  This actress was kind of big especially when it came to the lift.

Awful.

Honored Contributor

It was actually worse than awful. The girl playing the lead was terrible and miscast. Johnny was awful and also miscast. 3 hours of my life I can never get back.... 

Honored Contributor

For me...this is the perfect example of a movie that should have never been remade. I didn't like anything about it and I really disliked the ending.