Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT    We must be sisters. Watch I, Claudius, Six wives of Henry the VIII, (PBS version) with Keith Michel, Smithsonian channel is running good series on Mon nights about the Windsors. Queen Mary and Georg the V and their families.  Lots out there on the Royals if you like the past historical figures.

madness of King George III , on and on

Honored Contributor

OH!  GOSH!!!  I'd never live through that!  (Although, I totally applaud those that love 'em!)Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @We watch the same tv.I love to watch things that actually happened although some of tha ID channel stuff makes for bad dreams.

Respected Contributor
@ Annabellethecat
Thank you for my big chuckle of the day! DH says to tell you he can relate. Of course he sits with me and tolerates much. He asks sometimes for shortened version.
I still enjoy - maybe I need to see more joy in the world.
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Gregory Harrison (remember him), is on this Hallmark show.

I just googled what do they make.  The more famous one's make pretty good money.

This guy on here (the blonde one) looks exactly like the Ken doll.  I've never cared for blonde men.

OMG I've only seen three Hallmark movies and this was one of them yesterday. Love Gregory Harrison and then I was struck by realizing he was just the father in the movie and not the love interest. Smiley Surprised

I couldn't watch these on a regular basis but they were cute to watch while I was doing something else. I didn't even know what number channel it was one until a month ago.

And I wonder if that Ken doll guy's hair was his natural color. Seemed too light for him. He used to be on Days of Our Lives but I only vaguely remember him so I don't know if his hair was darker back then.

Oh and Harrison is still married to the woman from CHIPS. Yes I had to go google this information.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey -

That is too funny!

I watched them so much too until I discovered the English murder mysteries and now I can't go back!

So strange that now they seem sickening sweet and predictable.

I do love all the Christmas scenes thoughSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Thanks but I don't even like those clothes that woman that comes on QVC and is all about "love" and stuff.  I buy the shirt according to the color I like.

Someone told me I should take a magic marker and draw a line through it.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Is there something you can do while the TV is on?   Knit, crochet, chop vegetables ..... something ??

Honored Contributor
I just want to say that I’m still in love with Gregory Harrison. Even with grey hair, he’s still gorgeous. 😍😚😚😚
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 You mean while I'm sitting here at the computer in the room with my daughter who came to help me with my eye operation?  Is that what you mean?

I do go in an lie down; and for the record I am capable of ignoring the TV.

I do enjoy just being in the same room with her.  She is my everything.  I adore her and just love being with her.

We tease each other about those Hallmark shows.  When she's here she controls the changer but asks me what I'd like to see.....I really don't care.  My TV is DVRing my shows I like and I'll catch up tonight when I go to bed.

As far as crochet, I used to do it a lot but I have bad arthritis in my hands and it isn't as easy as it used to be.

I do crochet but usually when it gets colder.  It helps my hands.

Is that why you were asking (so as to ignore the TV)?

I don't think I quite understand what you were asking?

Right now we're watching a show about witches, vampires, etc.

She read the book and has seen the movie but wants to watch it again.  It's fine with me.

I've always made myself learn some of whatever my girls were interested in as they were growing up so I could ask questions and learn.

I have a pretty good relationship with all three of them.  Sometimes it is strained for a few hours now and then but basically it's good because I'm their mother and in the end they let me be as nutty as I am.  Period.