Super Contributor

Hold up ! I had to check and see if I had Hallmark channel. I do, and I did, for the past 7

years'( last time I changed the line up.) 

But the only thing to watch today is NASCAR and the season is almost over until February 16th in case anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! Just Shoot Me Now!

[ Edited ]

They could be more creative.  Boy meets girl, one or the other has reservations about getting involved...they eventually do and live happily every after.  Couldn't stand that all year long so Christmas is the only time I watch.  

I'll watch the new programming for this year because of the Christmas theme, backround music, and decor, but will try Lifetime until I get tired of their repetitions.

We have TV sets in the family room, living room, 4 seasons room, and two bedrooms for family and guests to watch what they want.  No complaining from anyone. "Tuff" if they don't want to watch alone.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I have been recording episodes of the Closer weekday mornings on Lifetime.  Well, Thursday the 24th is the last because starting the 25th is freakin Christmas movies 24/7 for 2 solid months.  The sappy Hallmark channel is doing non-stop Christmas movies too, but them I expect too.

No idea why they can't have them noon to midnight.  Nope the whole day x 60.

I might as well find a lot of books because the networks will be starting their holiday stuff and pre-empting regular programming.

Honored Contributor

Well figure this out, I love romance novels, but on Sunday afternoon football rules ! I wouldn' mind the Hallmark movies, if they were better. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My get away is the science channel, some really interesting stuff, and HLN the old Forensic Files (new ones coming in February), then there is the ID channel, TCM, western channel.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I cannot stand Hallmark. If the movies were quality, I might watch. I hv tried. Not the best actors, predictable plots, very little character development. Boring. It’s obvious that hallmark is just cranking out the stuff. What I cannot understand is why anyone is watching.

Because we enjoy them and because we can. To each their own.

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of those hokey old time musicals. I can't get into them.

Got a pal who loves them, though. Different strokes for different folks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

There was a good movie on Hallmark yesterday not like the cookie cutter ones. It was called Stepmom starring Susan Sarandon, Julia Roberts & Ed Harris.

Esteemed Contributor

For a while last year, I tried to watch Hallmark movies for an escape.  Didn’t last too long, and I went back to recorded shows with historical themes.  I zone out looking at shows about English history.  Love all shows about the history of the royals.  I can’t get enough.  

Respected Contributor

I am sorry I had that wrong. This movie was on Lifetime. No wonder it was different.