Honored Contributor

OK, ONE MORE GREAT MANNIX EPISODE THURSDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

520537.jpg

I promise not to start punching out multiple "Mannix" alerts (even though quarantining has really gotten to me, and this could be an absorbing new hobby, ha).  But checked today and this one upcoming is exceptionally good and suspenseful-- one of my favorites.  Watch or record the good ones while you can, because some of the seasons can be a bit inconsistent...

2:00 a.m. Eastern, wee hours Thursday--  Mannix: "A Step in Time".     Mike Connors, Gail Fisher, Dean Stockwell, Shelley Fabares, Hildy Brooks

Mannix is out jogging in a tony L.A. residential neighborhood, when he spots a woman being viciously assaulted on the terrace outside of her house.  Of course he springs into action. 

Spoiler
When he describes the crime to astonished law enforcement though, it turns out that exact same crime that he thought that he witnessed there, actually occurred over a year before...

Cue "Twilight Zone" music!

Adding to the enjoyment are the art direction and set design of this one, played out in a lush suburb.  And the fact that grown up child star Dean Stockwell plays a profoundly traumatized widower, and Shelley Fabares his protective sister...   How do you like Dean (pictured above with Hildy Brooks) and his wild 70's coiffure?

Anyway, very satisfying episode.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OK, ONE MORE GREAT MANNIX EPISODE THURSDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

DVR set! @Oznell  Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   A few years ago, I bought the set of Peter Gunn and Burke's Law, in addition to season two of 77 Sunset Strip. season one was expensive then, though I watched Mannix and probably everything on tv, lol, will have to view an episode on youtube to see if I like it.  I also bought the set of The Naked City, Decoy, Man with a Camera, and the Defender, believe this is the title, but not sure, havn't watched it yet, and other sets of long ago tv series.

Honored Contributor

Oh, boy, those are classic, @mousiegirl -- what a stash!   When you get around to watching them, I'd love to get your take on "The Defenders",  with E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed, which was extremely well-received by critics.  Although they do air "Peter Gunn" and some others, I do not know why the retro channels don't branch out and carry more of these great shows...

Respected Contributor

Mannix will be the weekend binge on Decades TV starting Saturday. 

Honored Contributor

I always wish we could get "Decades",  @deeva !

Honored Contributor

I loved the Defenders. it was indeed plural, the law firm being Preston and Preston. I never missed a show but, unlike The Fugitive, I can't even remember one episode! That show didn't seem to go into syndicated reruns though which may be why I don't remember them.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I always wish we could get "Decades",  @deeva !

Hi @Oznell 

Maybe your provider will add it on sometime. Mine just sneaked in METV plus Movies, without any announcement whatsoever.

They just showed up -- lucky for me!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

We had to buy an over the air antenna in order to get it. We have Directv, and all they offer is the Family Entertainment Channel.