Trusted Contributor

I grew tired of this series a couple of years ago, which is too bad because hubby and I LOVED it but nah I have been done with it for awhile and while I used to care if they found the treasure not, I grew disenchanted with a few of their "Experts" so turned it off and never looked back.

Super Contributor

I agree. OMG my husband sits glued to the tv when its on and everytime they find a small chip of old pottery, a nail, a piece of wood, coconut fibers, fake jewelry basically worth nothing I just shake my head. I am soooooooo GLAD the season is ending. I am so over it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Never. The whole show is based on the premise of looking for the treasure, not on finding it.  I gave it up a long time ago realizing the show would have to end if there really was one and it got discovered. For me it became a scripted never ending soap opera, no dramatic finding of any treasure in the plan at all. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I look forward to watching this show each week.  It is a favorite.  We love to hear the stories and and see how old some of these findings are.  He has always been interested in artifacts so every find is like a new toy to him!  Also, it gave us something besides "Big Foot", Aliens, and sea montsters (none of which I am into at all) to watch together.      

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I started watching the show about a year ago and DVR it to bypass the commercials.  I'm amazed they got the permits to drain the swamp and dig it up.  The cobble road in the swamp and on the uplands is interesting and I do enjoy all the bits and bobs they find but I like archaeology and history.  The two brothers are middle aged guys that have figured out a way to follow their dream of being treasure hunters and make money with a tv show.  I'm sure there are silent partners in the endeavor that we will never know about.  Whether they ever find the treasure, meh, don't care, it's the journey that's interesting.

I watched a few episodes of Skinwalker Ranch and decided it's pretty dumb, won't waste my time on it.  

I do enjoy the tongue-in-cheek demenor of William Shatner on his The Unexplained show.  He never takes himself seriously.

Honored Contributor

Sometime ago I googled this program, and one of the questions asked was whether or not they ever found any treasure, and the answer was no. I also googled the financial worth of the two top guys, and there is a website that listed all of the main players in the show and the oldest brother was mentioned as having $100 million value and the younger brother who was a retired postman was $2 million. The website also said that the son is worth $50 million.

I got the impression that this was going to be the last year and there was to be a spinoff, but I forgot what the spinoff was going to be.

My question is: Whatever happened to Dave, the son of Dan, one of the treasure hunters who died? Dave had a slight disability due to an accident and limped a little. He used to be on every single episode and now he isn't. Did he also die?

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Sometime ago I googled this program, and one of the questions asked was whether or not they ever found any treasure, and the answer was no. I also googled the financial worth of the two top guys, and there is a website that listed all of the main players in the show and the oldest brother was mentioned as having $100 million value and the younger brother who was a retired postman was $2 million. The website also said that the son is worth $50 million.

I got the impression that this was going to be the last year and there was to be a spinoff, but I forgot what the spinoff was going to be.

My question is: Whatever happened to Dave, the son of Dan, one of the treasure hunters who died? Dave had a slight disability due to an accident and limped a little. He used to be on every single episode and now he isn't. Did he also die?

Dave (son of Dan who I loved!) sold his inherited share of the enterprise that owned the land on Oak Island to the Laginas. Kinda disgruntled and grumpy and a bad attitude for hunting treasure. Not a bit like his Dad.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk Thanks for that info. Yes, he was sort of negative and had such a foul mouth they had to bleep him big time.

Did they mention that in the show.....that he sold his share? I binge-watched the first seven seasons and don't recall anything being mentioned, just that all of a sudden he wasn't on anymore. At first I just thought he was out sick for a few episodes, but they continued to mention Dan and all they learned from him, but didn't mention Dave.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

Has anyone seen the show about the people who live on Oak Island, the community and all the tourists who come from all  over the world?  I thought that was the best show on this.

Every week when I watch, I'm always thinking about how much this whole project costs ... and wonder how much the History Channel (?) is paying for this endeavor.

Plus .... what if they never find ANYTHING significant .... how do they end the series?  People will be mad if there's no treasure .... do you think someone would plant a "fake treasure" to avoid humiliation? .... LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I'm just waiting for a BIG Bobbie Dazzler................oh too funny.