Honored Contributor

O/T I Have to Tell You Guys What I Did...

I was just over on the front page and saw where someone posted the subject as "Why Do People Always Do This".  I was curious so I clicked on it.

The poster was asking why people are so mean and negative when they ask questions and he/she mentioned about they'd asked a question about how people know which TV shows to watch.  They didn't specifically say they'd posted here (I doubt that they did) but said they'd gotten smart alec responses.

I have to be honest and say that I bla blaed (like I always do) and spoke for all of us here (sorry) but I said that had that person posted here in the TV and Movies section I can guarantee that no person here would have been mean or rude.  I said there is usually someone or even groups of people who know the answer and will always answer the questions.  I said between all of us there are few TV shows someone hasn't seen.

I apologize for speaking for everyone but I couldn't help it.  I love our section.  Even when someone feels like they might (which they didn't) have hurt a feeling they apologize even ahead of time.

I said that I know there are people who are rude or mean but that's life and if the OP wanted their question answered they should skip over the rude comments and read the one's that answer the question.  Negativity gets you nowhere in life.

I hope I didn't 'overspeak' (is that a word....it looks fake).  I just think everyone here is wonderful and invited the OP to post here with his/her TV questions and movie questions and we'd all be glad to help.  Love you all  Annabellethecat.

Phew!  Now my brain hurts.

Valued Contributor

Re: O/T I Have to Tell You Guys What I Did...

Wow, this section must be safe because no one has chimed in yet to comment on whether 'overspeak' is a word or not.  Anywhere else I've been in these forums they'd have had a few comments for you by now (not so nice comments).

Nice to meet you Annabellethecat.

Honored Contributor

You are right when you say it is safe.  Like I said people here are nice.  I think they are used to my bla blas.

After I'd typed all of that on the other page I thought about the fact that I'd been speaking for everyone here, which wasn't good.  I wanted to apologize and that was how I did it.

Like I said, these guys are used to me and are very kind.  I do feel safe here and know that I won't get attacked.  There is a difference between voicing one's opinion (opposite or similar) and doing it in a nice way.

I though you did an excellent job by the way.  Thanks for your post.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I think what you did was very nice.  I don't post here often, but from what little I read everyoneseems to be very helpful and are having fun.  Maybe the "new" poster just misunderstood something or was having a bad day and took it the wrong way.  If he/she felt abused here I hope she doesn't wander into other areas on the board.  Smiley Wink LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Hi Annabelle-----

Yes, overspeak is a word but, IMO , you did not do it.

I read the entire thread and I don't really "get" it.....much ado about nothing ? 

I have to confess, however, that I can get annoyed, at times, and make no effort to hide it......on occasion, a flying creature silently descends on this forum with the sole purpose of embarrassing, demeaning or just annoying Java. I have watched it for over a year and, even though Java has proven very capable of handling the situation, my loyalty gene kicks in and I have to throw in my two cents........It also comes naturally because I've never been a lover of nasty winged things .......

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Wow, this section must be safe because no one has chimed in yet to comment on whether 'overspeak' is a word or not.  Anywhere else I've been in these forums they'd have had a few comments for you by now (not so nice comments).

Nice to meet you Annabellethecat.

Probably because overspeak is legitimate word...lol

Esteemed Contributor

No need to apologize to me.  You speak the truth.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

th_HeartAnimation.gif (160×160)

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Annabellethecat66

I ♥️ this TV/Movies forum!  I don't always post, but it's usually the first place I read when I log in.

Honored Contributor

Well now we should just declare "overspeak" a valid word here and one we LIKE!  Please feel free to "overspeak" at least to me about anyone on the Bold and the Beautiful!    I like to know what is going on there, but can't stand to watch poor Liam be beat up by everyone around him any more (especially his Weasel of a half-brother and his horrible mommy).  

So please overspeak to me about that. It is a kindness send out to me through this section of the QVC boards!