Esteemed Contributor

Nurse Jackie Last 2 Episodes! What do you Think...?

Now that we're down to the last two precious episodes of the show, do you have any thoughts about how it's going to end? 

I went to the Nurse Jackie Facebook page and read all sorts of opinions about the show. Some people think Jackie is going to die, some think Eddie is going to die or go to prison for Jackie, and every other idea in between. 

I want to see Jackie and Eddie living happily ever after. I want everyone to be happy. I want Jackie and Eddie to get married and live happily ever after, I'd like Jackie and Akalitus to make up, I want Dr. Prince to live, I want Jackie's girls to love and respect her again, I want Zoey to find her true love, I want Thor and his husband to have a happy marriage, and I don't care what happens to Dr. Roman Woman Tongue

Some people think that Jackie has been dead through the whole series, and this is her story. Not so sure about that lol

Edie Falco said she loves the ending and thinks her fans will too. I guess she had to say that, but I sure hope we all agree with her. 

Sunday nights are sure gonna stink now! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Nurse Jackie Last 2 Episodes! What do you Think...?

I am several episodes behind Nurse Jackie.  I come from an alcoholic family.  People close to me are drug abusers.  I always have to be in the right frame of mind to watch the show.

Nurses abusing prescription medicine is unbelievably high.  I have 2 sisters and 2 nieces who are RN's they've told me tales that you wouldn't believe.

Most hospitals and administrators are (some would call it understanding, I call it looking the other way) when it comes to nurses and abusing prescription medication.

Eventually, I'll get to catch up.  I hope to be able to do it this summer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, only 2? Geez. Well, once Downton Abbey is done this year too, I'll only have Alaska to watch weekly (those shows). I am now leary of getting hooked on these. Wish they could go on as long as Grey's Anatomy.

I'm going to wait to be surprised and not second guess them on this one. I won't miss it though.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, we know Thor's character ends well. I am a nurse and never wanted to like a show about addicted nurses but I did like the show as Jackie in spite of her addictions was a good nurse until she made a mistake...Jackie really wasn't a nice character and really betrayed everyone who loved her. She really does not deserve a happy ending; so I think she will have a bad ending and maybe Edie Falco is happy because it is a life's lesson; you get what you deserve. I hope Zoey goes back to school....I hope they keep the hospital open as it reminds me of the impact to the community in NYC when St Vincent's closed...I liked the Dr Roman character and maybe she winds up with the Norwegian man....which might be a good thing....I think Jackie's children have already forgiven her and one goes to college and is happy...it could go anywhere??
Honored Contributor

Greenhouse, that was a wonderful synopsis of Nurse Jackie up until now.  I also liked  your commentary.  As I said, I have many family members who are RN's.  I know first hand at how hard nurses work and how they don't get the recognition they deserve.

I only hope that a show like this shows people that there are very few nurse Jackie's in the nursing profession.  Nursing, like many noble professions is not one you go into to get rich.  You have to want to be a nurse.  People don't realize the amount of education a RN (or nurse) for that matter needs.

I've always believed in an eye for an eye.  I also believe when a crime is committed the victims should be allowed to decide the punishment.  I know that's not realistic.

In Jackie's case so many people who believed in her got punished for believing in her.

Honored Contributor

I knew it was winding down Smiley Sad but I didn't realize it was just two more eps.   I'll really miss this show, too.

I haven't even thought about how it might end, to tell the truth.  Too many things on what's left of my brain that I guess it hasn't even been on my radar.

It's sure been a good show, though.  I hope she finds another great project after this.    I think she will.  She is such a good actor and well liked.  I'll miss the others on the show, too.  Too bad Shaloub showed up so late in the series!

I guess there is some secret coming up about Blondie Doc (?).  I read that somewhere.  I have no clue on that.   That character was profoundly annoying at first, but she doesn't annoy me anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Replying to annabellethecat
I agree and still believe nursing is a noble profession. I just retired after 50 years. I just watched this week's episode of nurse Jackie and was so disappointed in her. She again betrayed everyone, got her license back, put on her uniform and smiled as she gulped pills...so I hope she comes to a bad ending...her behavior can't be rewarded so I think she will die, as someone suggested, I think I would end it with her lying on the floor from that season finale when she overdosed and she dreams all this while in coma, and she wakes up and is still married, has her kids, friends and she decides to turn her life around...
Respected Contributor

When the final season was first announced, I was wondering if it might end with Jackie overdosing.  I understand that's not a pleasant ending, but that's what first came to mind.  Now I'm not sure what the ending will be.  I really hope it does not end up being a dream.  I don't like like when series/movies end in that way. 

I like Dr. Roman.  JMHO, but her character has become endearing, as "we've" learned more about her, and have seen more of her personality.  I like Eddie, but I've never thought he and Jacke should be together, even though I know they love each other.  I think they will always enable each other.  I think Akalitus and Jackie will make up - at least I hope so.

And I don't know why, but I was a little shocked at how last week's episode ended!  It shouldn't have shocked me, but it did.  

The TWC description for tomorrow's episode states, "Zoey is shocked by Carrie's secret."  Very curious.  And I read the description for the series finale, too.  It's not really a spoiler, but I'll place a spoiler tag around it, for anyone who doesn't want to read it.  If you want to read, just click within the spoiler box.

Spoiler
Episode is titled, "I'll Say a Little Prayer."  At Fiona's confirmation rehearsal, an unexpected guest arrives; Jackie is offered a job at Bellevue, and wants Zoey to come with her. 
♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I think Jackie dies or has an afterlife experience and they bring her back and she vows to be a better person...or they go back to her last OD when she was on the floor unconscious and they bring her back or maybe she was in coma...she wakes up but dreamed how her life could turn out but it never happened and she decides to be a better person....
Honored Contributor

As most of you know I'm always wrong about what's going on.  I do think it was significant that she saw those bright/blury lights when climbing the stairs.  It was like she was in a dream or something.

Does anyone else remember that?