Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nurse Jackie Last 2 Episodes! What do you Think...?

I can't say I was thrilled with last night's episode. Was Jackie popping pills or was she eating candy? 

I'm guessing she was high when she was on the roof and Vigilante Jones jumped. She commented that he flew. Sure he did, Jackie. 

Could she already be dead? Maybe O'Hara is coming back to attend Jackie's funeral? 

At this point, I don't know what to think.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I remember the blurry vision and on the preview for the final episode, you hear Zoey ask for the emergency oxygen or equipment ....didn't quite catch it. And Zoey asking Jackie "to let her go" was a bit significant....maybe Zoey has been caring for her during or after a drug overdose but felt guilty leaving her....either death or wake up from an overdose or coma. I think they have to end it happy...so I think she dreams while in coma and wakes up...kinda like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol and she vows to change the outcome of her life.
Respected Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

When the final season was first announced, I was wondering if it might end with Jackie overdosing.  I understand that's not a pleasant ending, but that's what first came to mind.  Now I'm not sure what the ending will be.  I really hope it does not end up being a dream.  I don't like like when series/movies end in that way. 

I like Dr. Roman.  JMHO, but her character has become endearing, as "we've" learned more about her, and have seen more of her personality.  

@I like celery wrote:

When the final season was first announced, I was wondering if it might end with Jackie overdosing.  I understand that's not a pleasant ending, but that's what first came to mind.  Now I'm not sure what the ending will be.  I really hope it does not end up being a dream.  I don't like like when series/movies end in that way. 

I like Dr. Roman.  JMHO, but her character has become endearing, as "we've" learned more about her, and have seen more of her personality.  I like Eddie, but I've never thought he and Jacke should be together, even though I know they love each other.  I think they will always enable each other.  I think Akalitus and Jackie will make up - at least I hope so.

And I don't know why, but I was a little shocked at how last week's episode ended!  It shouldn't have shocked me, but it did.  

The TWC description for tomorrow's episode states, "Zoey is shocked by Carrie's secret."  Very curious.  And I read the description for the series finale, too.  It's not really a spoiler, but I'll place a spoiler tag around it, for anyone who doesn't want to read it.  If you want to read, just click within the spoiler box.

Spoiler
Episode is titled, "I'll Say a Little Prayer."  At Fiona's confirmation rehearsal, an unexpected guest arrives; Jackie is offered a job at Bellevue, and wants Zoey to come with her. 

And I don't know why, but I was a little shocked at how last week's episode ended!  It shouldn't have shocked me, but it did.  

The TWC description for tomorrow's episode states, "Zoey is shocked by Carrie's secret."  Very curious.  And I read the description for the series finale, too.  It's not really a spoiler, but I'll place a spoiler tag around it, for anyone who doesn't want to read it.  If you want to read, just click within the spoiler box.

Spoiler
Episode is titled, "I'll Say a Little Prayer."  At Fiona's confirmation rehearsal, an unexpected guest arrives; Jackie is offered a job at Bellevue, and wants Zoey to come with her. 

ITA ~ Eddie has not been good for Jackie...EVER.  The classic enabler/co-dependent.  I have no theory on how it's going to end but I will be watching!

Honored Contributor

Lately I've been finding that these series that have been on a long time should never have a "last" season. The last seasons usually are just nonsense. "Nurse Jackie" very well could have done away with all that's going on this season. Even though I've liked this series I'll be glad when its finally over.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Lately I've been finding that these series that have been on a long time should never have a "last" season. The last seasons usually are just nonsense. "Nurse Jackie" very well could have done away with all that's going on this season. Even though I've liked this series I'll be glad when its finally over.

I couldn't agree more. It seems like most of the last season - if it's known from the start of the season that it's the final season - is just filler. It's either a repeat of someting that has previously happened or it's something that you never could have forseen happening which makes the ending contrived and/or an insult to the viewer.

I was glad that Jackie's female doctor friend is appearing in the last episode. Can't think of her name.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I think Jackie will continue to abuse drugs and Eddie will wind up in jail. 

I also think the series was better in in the begining and should have ended last year.

Honored Contributor

Deeva, I agree that it should have ended last year.  

Super Contributor

I'm anxious to see the last Episode. I binged the first six seasons over a week and I was totally hooked. I think she didn't get her license back - I think everything after it showed her walking out of the license meeting has been a dream!
Honored Contributor

Someone posted that the actress said she thinks most people will be happy about the way the show ended.

That only means it depends on her opinion and the way this actress thinks.  Right?

Super Contributor

I like the show but don't catch it religiously, usually as a repeat.  Wondering what exactly she popped into her mouth when her nursing license was returned to her!  She's a kick but I find the character annoying... lol