Valued Contributor

Now that Outlander is finished for the season, what should I watch?

I am seeing a number of new series coming in the new year. What looks interesting to you?  (at least until Outlander starts back).

Respected Contributor

Re: Now that Outlander is finished for the season, what should I watch?

I want to see A Discovery of Witches when it airs in 2018. I haven’t found a date yet, but I liked the books and want to see how well the show is done.

Valued Contributor

I love those books and knew they were going to make a series of them.  Do you know where and when it will air?

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom, I am a couple of episodes into Outlander.  It¡s not really grabbing me.  Does it get better?  TIA.  LM

Valued Contributor

@chihuahuamom  Have you read all the Outlander series?  As you can see by my name, I am a huge Diana Gabaldon fan.  I resisted the Starz series for a while, but they have done an overall excellent job!  Of course, the books are better, but kudos to the show runners.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lily'smom, did you start with season 1?  I think you have to start from the beginning.  I did not find this series until this past summer (on Starz), and I went through the first two series in a few weeks.  Then I began reading the books and have read all but the first two (I am reading the first one as we speak).  I got hooked right away. I think it is the romance between Jamie and Claire that touches me so much, but I have also found an interest in that part of history.  I am not usually an historical history buff, so that is surprising.  Now I am beginning to look at other books that are rooted more in history.  (I also, about the same time, discovered the All Souls Trilogy which is partly time travel in another century).

Sassenach 1, I love your name!

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom, just seeing your reply now.  I did start at season 1.  DH likes this better than I do...usually the other way around.

Thanks for the feedback.  LM