Esteemed Contributor

Now That The Regular Shows Are Back...........

I don't care.  At first I missed the shows I watched and was happy and surprised to see them on again.

I watched Station 19 last week and realized I had forgotten much of what happened months ago. I really didn't care about the show any longer. Figured it was 1 show and a fluke.

I recorded NCIS, FBI and FBI, Most wanted Tuesday night. I watched about 10 minutes of each and deleted them. Ditto for SWAT.

I'm sure it is just me but I just have no interest in them any longer, too much time has gone by to hold my interest.

Super Contributor

Re: Now That The Regular Shows Are Back...........

I am having the same sentiments.  I used to really love NCIS.  Now I think I'm over constant drama shows.  With all of the drama in the world I'm leaning towards happier shows.  Though I must admit the HBO mini-series called The Undoing is captivating.  It's six episodes.

Honored Contributor

yes I know exactly what you mean

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me in the past, as well, but I always seem to "get back into them".

A bit discouraged though as "This Is Us" and the "Chicago" shows will not be back on until January ~ They just began again and now a break..........probably COVID related somehow, but with so many weeks going by I forget the storyline.  However, I want those involved with the programming to be healthy, so whatever works!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am happy to see I am not the only one that feels this way.   Same for me with all my Netflix and Amazon series I've been watching.  So much time has elasped I have totally forgotten about some of the characters and I always need that recap before continuing!

Respected Contributor

I am happy to see many of the regular shows returning and I have been enjoying watching the new episodes.

What I seem to have lost interest in are the daytime dramas.  I used to be a big fan of The Young and the Restless.   Now I put it on and I'm lucky if I watch even 15 minutes of it.   I don't know if it was the break or if the s/l's are just not interesting any longer.

I still watch most days of The Bold and the Beautiful.  Since it's only a 30 minutes show it keeps my attention longer.  

I was a little worried that my favorite nighttime shows might have lost their appeal but I was able to quickly get back into them.   

I was so happy to see Law & Order, FBI and Swat returning.  Those three are my favorites.  

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Right there with you. I don't give a rat's patooty about almost all episodic shows on TV. They seem really "past tense" and irrelevant to me now. I watch cooking shows, Animal Planet, TCM, Tubi and Amazon Prime. I do watch 90 Day Fiance and spin-offs, which I hate to admit.

Esteemed Contributor

Once I get to 'know' characters on a TV series, I try to keep up. However, I don't need more pandemic themes on the shows. I watch to escape. With all the friends and family divisions going on in our country - I'm not in the mood to see harmful, hurting infighting drama. Give me some happy endings, positive stories, human nature victories and clever humor. That's what I'm in the mood for.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

STATION 19  one of the worst shows I ever watched.worst story lines

and actors.how was it not cancelled.The only actor I liked  died on the show..

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I don't care.  At first I missed the shows I watched and was happy and surprised to see them on again.

I watched Station 19 last week and realized I had forgotten much of what happened months ago. I really didn't care about the show any longer. Figured it was 1 show and a fluke.

I recorded NCIS, FBI and FBI, Most wanted Tuesday night. I watched about 10 minutes of each and deleted them. Ditto for SWAT.

I'm sure it is just me but I just have no interest in them any longer, too much time has gone by to hold my interest.

Same here......A million little things,   FBI,  Station 19,  SVU, Mom, NCIS, Bull.......have lost me so far