Honored Contributor

Re: Now Megan's Father will not be attending the wedding?

I was hoping her mother Doria would do it, as was originally thought before all this daddy drama -- and I sitll hope it's her mother, to break more new ground, but now I'm wondering if it would be best if just she go alone.  

Will Katherine be wrangling the kids, and if not who will?

Honored Contributor

I truly don't care who walks her down the aisle. I'll just be beyond thrilled when this is over. I'm tired of hearing about it. Is it the norm for anyone to walk the bride down the aisle in a royal wedding? I don't pay the close attention some clearly do, but I don't recall other royal brides being walked down the aisle.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

wow - this story has changed again today, apparently. something about her father actually having heart surgery. who knows what to believe since i thought he had it last week.

this has become quite the soap opera -- exactly the kind of publicity and drama the Queen wanted to leave behind a few years back.  poor Harry.

Honored Contributor

So, Mr. Markel got sick, had a heart attack and created drama by needing surgery and you feel sorry for Harry?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

So, Mr. Markel got sick, had a heart attack and created drama by needing surgery and you feel sorry for Harry?

if you're asking me, @Carmie   i don't know what story to believe.  a few days ago we had her father already having had a heart attack, surgery, out of the hospital.  now we have him going into the hospital. huh?  according to the tabloids there is a firestorm every other hour. then relayed here on the boards.

last week the father was upset about staging photos, but then no he wasn't because he was trying to make things better.  then he didn't want to come to ceremony and embarrass her - but wait, today, yes,he did because he wanted to be a part of history.  and Meghan wanted him to come. now later today he is having heart surgery.   

the head spins.  and this is just the father. then there's the rest of the story....uh family.

this might be a bit much for anyone to handle -- and sad for the royal family which is spending tens of millions to put on this celebration and is very much invested in seeing Harry happy.   Harry deserves a little sympathy (probably having to explain all this to his family).  Meghan has already gotten quite a bit here.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@ms traditional  Where did you see that Mr. Markel had surgery last week?  He had a heart attack and signed himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding.

the paparazzi caused him all this stress and they are publishing all of this garbage.  You have to be Gaulable t believe everything you read.  Every article is different.

I am sure the royal family is used to scandals.  They sure have had quite a few of them over the past 20 years. Harry's Mum and Dad, as well as Aunts and Uncles all fooling around outside of their marriage.

Harry playing naked billiards, etc.

Also, the phone records from Diana And her lover  and from Tampon Charles and Camilla... list goes and on.  They should be used to it by now.  The Royals are no different than the Markles..they just have more money.

Almost everyone in the royal family has been divorced.

Harry wouldn't have to explain anything and neither will Meghan.  Their information is firsthand and not provided by the media.

You can't believe half of what you read and the other half is probably tainted too.

Harry will be fine.  A wedding is only a short moment, then it is over.  The millions the Royals are spending won't hurt them one bit.

Next month, there will be another problem with them...it will never end.  And no matter what they do, they can't be voted out or replaced.

We should be so lucky to only have their troubles.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  that is my point -  the head spins from all the different versions of this and that. i didn't say i believed them.  what i do see is a circus - and was throwing a little sympathy Harry's direction. 

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I was hoping her mother Doria would do it, as was originally thought before all this daddy drama -- and I sitll hope it's her mother, to break more new ground, but now I'm wondering if it would be best if just she go alone.  

hey Lori....not new ground.....Queen Victoria walked two of her daughters over 100 years ago!!

I would like to see her go alone...but its her wedding...not mine

can't wait to chat with you on Saturday

Honored Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

hey Lori....not new ground.....Queen Victoria walked two of her daughters over 100 years ago!!

@BettyNewbie, thanks, did not know that.  What I meant was that Doria is black but that's interesting about Queen Victoria.  Now I know she did more than give us the white wedding dress. 

In case you or anyone else didn't know, before Queen Victoria wore white wedding dresses were either black or colors, red, green, yellow, whatever (but only royalty I think wore purple).

I think a lot of people don't know that because they wrongly associate the white wedding dress with virginity and purity and even now say Meghan should not be able to wear white.  The white wedding dress became popular and widespread as women emulated Queen Victoria;  it has nothing to do with one's sexual history.

I would like to see her mother walk her down, I think it would be lovely, but if not and she can't walk alone let it please be Prince William and not Prince Charles (ugh).

Valued Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@BettyNewbie wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@BettyNewbie, thanks, did not know that.  What I meant was that Doria is black but that's interesting about Queen Victoria.  Now I know she did more than give us the white wedding dress. 

In case you or anyone else didn't know, before Queen Victoria wore white wedding dresses were either black or colors, red, green, yellow, whatever (but only royalty I think wore purple).

I think a lot of people don't know that because they wrongly associate the white wedding dress with virginity and purity and even now say Meghan should not be able to wear white.  The white wedding dress became popular and widespread as women emulated Queen Victoria;  it has nothing to do with one's sexual history.

I would like to see her mother walk her down, I think it would be lovely, but if not and she can't walk alone let it please be Prince William and not Prince Charles (ugh).

wouldnt Charles be super busy keeping The Rottwielers maritini glass full?