Honored Contributor

I read and watch stories and movies and plays to enjoy the process,not to find out the ending.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I read and watch stories and movies and plays to enjoy the process,not to find out the ending.

I don't open any thread on a program that I haven't already watched.  If I open the thread I think it's fair game to read a spoiler.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I agree with both of you.

Sometimes I want to know the resolution, I can still enjoy the "process"

Sometimes I like to be surprised.    At that time I avoid spoilers on the internet

Valued Contributor

I think if a poster is going to reveal something significant about a film, tv show, or book, the word “spoiler” should be the first word in the topic headline. I’ve opened a few posts only to find a spoiler at the end of the headline.....before reading the body of the post.

Honored Contributor

Bugon bike: Nah-I like the process of reading. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I don't open any thread on a program that I haven't already watched.  If I open the thread I think it's fair game to read a spoiler.

@NickNack Same with me. And I am careful not to watch any entertainment news programs until after I have watched the reality shows (Dancing with the Stars, etc.) that I have DVDed. 

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

I think if a poster is going to reveal something significant about a film, tv show, or book, the word “spoiler” should be the first word in the topic headline. I’ve opened a few posts only to find a spoiler at the end of the headline.....before reading the body of the post.

@Jasmine19 Totally agree! 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

That's not helpful in cases where the person puts the spoiler in the post title.

And the entire point of having a 

Spoiler
Spoiler Tag right there on the post menu is to avoid things like this,

but no one seems to use it.

Esteemed Contributor

If a TV show was already on, it's fair game for all discussion including spoilers. No one should expect spoilers to be kept because someone had not watched their recording.  As for movies in a theater, yes subject line should state spoiler AND the spoiler box (which is easy to use) should be employed. 

However again, if it is aTV show that has aired, discuss all you want. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I think a big part of the problem with this here is that there are a lot of folks here who have never been on the internet beside this board.  They don't know the basic rules of etiquette and manners that dictate you don't spoil a show unless it says SPOILERS in the thread title.  

When spoilers is in the thread title, it's fine to post anything up to the time a given episode has aired.   When it is not, the only acceptable way to post spoilers in a thread is by using the spoiler tag tool (see that weird yellow circle thing).

Since they (finally!) added that to the board there are only a few who seem to understand it, or even care I imagine in some cases, so it gets frustrating to others going into a non-spoiler thread and seeing spoilers.  The funniest thing I saw here once was where there was an actual spoiler thread and people were spoiler-tagging their posts!  Smiley Frustrated

It's just very basic manners, in this day and age where people are busy, there is a ton of tv, and most people don't watch episodes on live tv  anymore.