Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I read and watch stories and movies and plays to enjoy the process,not to find out the ending.

I don't open any thread on a program that I haven't already watched.  If I open the thread I think it's fair game to read a spoiler.

@NickNack  I learned that lesson the hard way.  I read about season 2 New Amsterdam before I had watched the show.  Yeah, wish I had been as wise as you!  Lesson learned.

Honored Contributor

some people do make innocent mistakes......i do try to put SPOILERS in the title or in the spoiler link.

some people do make some "not so innocent mistakes"......on purpose.

if people have put spoilers in a post that i began, i try to go back and put "spoilers possible" in the title so that everyone is warned.

believe me, i have been spoiled on these boards before.

staying away from threads or posts here or anywhere on the internet is sometimes a good idea.

for example, i am in a group on facebook and we had been discussing the DIRTY JOHN mini series. i had NEVER heard about this true crime before......there were others that had not heard of it either. i had no idea how it ended. someone came onto that post and posted the entire ending. some of us were so upset about it. others said "this had been on the news quite a bit. it was well publicized. everyone knows what happened." well NO, everyone didnt know what happened and some of us had no idea of the crime.......not all of us watch true crime shows. anyway, lesson learned! Smiley Wink......and if you have not watched DIRTY JOHN.....watch it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

While it may be "good etiquette" to post SPOILERS in the thread title, when a new season starts it's a guarantee that the NEW shows will be discussed and endings submitted.

If I see a thread title about a show (new or a new season) I can be fairly certain that there will be a discussion about new material.

Sometimes we have threads announcing the start date of a new season and when the season premiere rolls around the thread becomes a discussion of the new episode.

It happens.  It may not be the best way, but mistakes happen.  If unsure, wait until you have watched the newest episode.

And I really doubt posters do it on purpose.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Note on spoilers

[ Edited ]

oh @Cakers3 .......they have for sure, i have seen it before over the years.

it isnt often, but it definitely has happened. when people put that spoiler right in the title, there is a reason.......

interestingly, just a few days ago a mod closed a SPOILER thread about NCIS and removed all of the posts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

oh @Cakers3 .......they have for sure, i have seen it before over the years.

it isnt often, but it definitely has happened. when people put that spoiler right in the title, there is a reason.......

interestingly, just a few days ago a mod closed a SPOILER thread about NCIS and removed all of the posts.

@sunshine45   I don't watch NCIS and didn't read the thread but did notice that it was deleted because of spoilers.  I thought the OP or someone must have requested that they delete it.  Otherwise, deleting it didn't make much sense when there are spoiler threads every day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

could be @NickNack , although generally when they remove posts that are requested by the OP, it says "removed per request of OP"......or something like that.

the OP could have just gone in and added the word SPOILERS to the post title.

i did not read the post, but noticed that it got removed/deleted.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  @NickNack  that thread was not deleted at the request of the OP because when she started another one and made the comment she didn't know why the first thread was deleted.

@Cakers3  I agree with Sunshine45; some people do deliberately spoil. Others are just inconsiderate. If you are on Eastern time, there are others who are on Central and Pacific time so think about them.

As for that Dirty John thread, I remember it because I asked the OP to consider adding "Spoiler" to the thread topic and she went completely off on me - talking about people thinking they run the board, etc. I don't remember all of it but it was enough to make me decide I would avoid her threads in the future.

@sunshine45  has started some threads that I post on. I even asked her to start a Vanderpump Rules thread this year which she did. I think she knows I am not a person who tries to run the board. I  start the General Hospital threads each month and they are quite popular because we have a core group and others who stop by with a question or just come and read. "Spoilers" is a part of the title and for the most part we avoid using the Spoiler tag.

As far as regular weekly shows I try not to post anything too specific until 24 hours have passed. Before that I may post something vague  but my personal philosophy is: If you don't want to know, avoid until you do. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Okay, thank you @Tique  and @sunshine45 .

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau