Honored Contributor

Not Really About TV or Movies

But I keep seeing that old, old commercial with the owl and the kid for Tootsie-Pops.  Goodness, but can't they come up with an updated more modern version.  I remember it from when I was young, and I'm in my 60's now.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Really About TV or Movies

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  Maybe the Tootsie Roll folks firmly believe if it ain't broke don't fix it. That ad has worked for decades. While something new and glitzy might make a big splash, could it ever become an iconic image for the brand whereby viewers would know without even the name being spoken that it was "the Tootsie Pop" commercial.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 Contact the company and offer some new ideas.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@rms1954  Maybe the Tootsie Roll folks firmly believe if it ain't broke don't fix it. That ad has worked for decades. While something new and glitzy might make a big splash, could it ever become an iconic image for the brand whereby viewers would know without even the name being spoken that it was "the Tootsie Pop" commercial.

True.  Makes sense.  I just think it could be updated a little.  I didn't mean anything glitzy or splashy.  Just a thought.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they're showing it frequently because it's close to Halloween?

Honored Contributor

I would like to see the old oscar mayer commercial again.  Where the little boy is singing and spelling Oscar MayerSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVED that commercial but haven't seen it recently.  I'll keep looking.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown