Respected Contributor

I just saw an promo for yet another wife/husband re-do a house series starting.   Do they really need another one?  I like some programs on HGTV but I'd like to see something different. 

Respected Contributor

I want to see a show where they renovate a house on a budget.  Not everyone has $100K in cash lying around to renovate their house with.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@peaches mcfee

Have you ever seen Flipping Vegas? It's a husband/wife team. It is on A&E on Sat mornings. I like that one because he buys a house for $65K or so and usually puts $30 - 40K into it. Much more realistic in my book. They have had some interesting history in some of the houses. One had several snakes, and other creepy things. One house was full of marijuana plants in the attic. He had one that was previously owned by a private detective and they found a small suitcase full of money that had been stashed in the ceiling. They do tend to swear a lot, but it's bleeped out.

cookin

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

Chicago Flippers?

it's on now 

Honored Contributor

They must be money-makers or they wouldn't put so many on TV.  Plus I guess they're CHEAP to produce.

I've watched a few here and there and found them really boring.  

I do LOVE "This Old House" but it's different from those shows.

My late husband and I are/were developers.  We built some houses here and there.  We built the house I live in.  I know what's involved.  

With these shows it's the same thing over and over.  What kills me is it's the wife who always, the one's I see, wants the expensive stuff.

They want to make the female seem like....Yuck! Yuck!  (Smiling up to the man) "Honey!  You know best so I'll give in to you....I know I'm the spend thrift....But honey!  I do have the best talent for designing".

In our family it was my late husband who had amazing taste, talent, etc.  It was me who didn't care one way or another.  I still find it all boring.  The only thing I cared about with designing this house was where the light switches went and I wanted a small kitchen (don't like to cook).  Ha!  That's the limit of my talents.

I'd like to build one more house for me, one floor.  But if I move closer up in Va the cost of land is atrocious and my daughter wants me closer to her.  Land down here in more Southern Va is cheaper.

I have so many ideas about gadgets.  Ha!  Probably not feasible for a house.  I love gadgets in a house.

Anyway, these programs are all the same.  There was/is(?) one where it's a cute blonde with a son and she does a lot of the work herself.  That was OK.

I liked the one that was filmed in Canada.  It was one guy, can't remember the show.  I might try to find it later.

Gotta go pick up groceries I ordered...Yuck..something else boring.

Would rather stay here with you guys....