Honored Contributor

Re: Northern Exposure revival in the works at CBS

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

One really great show. Wonder if they kill off the female lead. Can't remember her name but remember she had great haircuts.

Was it Janine Turner?  I only watched the show a few times, but I think she was in it.

It was Janine Turner and she's likely to be a character killed off due to her political views. CBS isn't really known for tolerating conservative voices and she's a very loud conservative voice these days. I don't see them giving her an audience.

I'm not a huge fan of dusting off the old shows and bringing them back. I just don't think it works well. Surely, there have to be some new ideas out there floating around.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

One really great show. Wonder if they kill off the female lead. Can't remember her name but remember she had great haircuts.

Was it Janine Turner?  I only watched the show a few times, but I think she was in it.

It was Janine Turner and she's likely to be a character killed off due to her political views. CBS isn't really known for tolerating conservative voices and she's a very loud conservative voice these days. I don't see them giving her an audience.

I'm not a huge fan of dusting off the old shows and bringing them back. I just don't think it works well. Surely, there have to be some new ideas out there floating around.

I don't buy that her political views will affect her return.  If there's money to be made and she'll return they'll have her (she's been acting sporadically but I just looked it up and she lives on a cattle ranch).

ABC had no problem with Tim Allen and Roseanne starring in shows.  Tim Allen's had no place on the schedule and has had great success on Fox (run separately from Fox News, and if you don't believe that, Family Guy and The Simpsons)...

Roseanne debuted to fabulous ratings and then they declined week by week even before she opened her big mouth and talked her way out of the job.  The reboot has not done well.  

For every network it's all about the money and nothing but the money, the advertisers and the boards of directors and the stockholders.

Honored Contributor

I loved "Northern Exposure" and IMO they could never do it justice in a reboot.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

I don't buy that her political views will affect her return.  If there's money to be made and she'll return they'll have her (she's been acting sporadically but I just looked it up and she lives on a cattle ranch).

Look at some of the people cast on BB and Survivor.  Elizabeth, this season on Survivor, a

ABC had no problem with Tim Allen and Roseanne starring in shows.  Tim Allen's had no place on the schedule and has had great success on Fox (run separately from Fox News, and if you don't believe that, Family Guy and The Simpsons)...

Roseanne debuted to fabulous ratings and then they declined week by week even before she opened her big mouth and talked her way out of the job.  The reboot has not done well.  

For every network it's all about the money and nothing but the money and the boards of directors and the stockholders.

Hi @LoriLori - Good to "see" you! I agree. Plus it probably will have a lot to do with her relationship to Rob Morrow and Joshua Brand IRL. They were young up and comers when the show started, so they might be good friends. I did know Janine was from Texas and still lived there. I haven't seen her in a long time. 

I always hoped Joel and Maggie would end up together. I can't remember what happened at the end - it's been a while! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

For every network it's all about the money and nothing but the money, the advertisers and the boards of directors and the stockholders.

Tom Selleck, too.  He's had a good career on CBS with "Blue Bloods."

Honored Contributor

I've never been to Alaska, but I imagine there is still plenty of quirkiness to be found anywhere that's far from "civilization."  (Notice I put that word in quotes.)

I mean I think the basis for a lot of the charm of the original probably still exists.

If anyone knows otherwise from having lived in small-town Alaska, let us know.

I loved the original.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

If they do bring it back..i will watch it!

Loved that show!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

Tom Selleck, too.  He's had a good career on CBS with "Blue Bloods."

@LyndaGee  speaking of reboots, it's ironic because until your post I thought they did a reboot of Magnum P.I. and he was in that.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

@lavendar  I beileve her name was Janine Turner .  And I agree she did have great hair cuts!

Esteemed Contributor

Loved the show never missed an episode,  I have always liked the more quirky shows anyways!    I do wonder like some of you could an audience of today relate ?  I would love to see all the same characters that would be awesome!!!  Especially Rob Morrow and Janine Turner .  I don't think they ever really got together can't remember as it was so long ago now.  Anyone remember how it ended?