Honored Contributor

Re: Nominee For Newest Annoying Commercial.

@DSD2 wrote:

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the commercial.

I have to be honest, I thought it was wonderful! I can't recall the name of the woman in it she was on SNL...

I'm a Jersey girl and thought it was clever and fun.

I'll hope it doesn't air too much in your neck of the woods...

I think it is really funny funny.

Honored Contributor

@retiredatlast wrote:

All the Liberty Mutual commercials, especially the ones with Lemu the Emu.  Really annoying.  Also the Progressive commercials with Flo- really annoying as well. 

Luckily I watch shows after recording with streaming, so I can fast forward through these.  And HULU has no commercials on my plan and that is great.   

I have to agree with lemu the emu

Respected Contributor

@DSD2 wrote:

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the commercial.

I have to be honest, I thought it was wonderful! I can't recall the name of the woman in it she was on SNL...

I'm a Jersey girl and thought it was clever and fun.

I'll hope it doesn't air too much in your neck of the woods...

Molly Shannon.

I apologize if someone has already answered.  Board is driving me crazy lately!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Want to add those Noom commericals. 

#1. The woman watching TV while plowing thru bags of chips. Crunching those flipping chips like a rabid squirrel.

#2. The guy won't let waiter take his plate because there is a speck of food left.  Just lick the plate already.

#3. The Mother/Grandmother pushing food while saying "made wth love."  I've had relatives keep asking me if I want this or that.  They do it twice, third time I excuse myself and go into another room. No means no.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2I get it but I think those particular adds are right on the money for what they are selling.

Each instance listed can be a psychological reason for over eating.

Watch T.V. and you con't realize just how much your eating, you just munch.

The guy who won't let the waiter take his plate away.. because he was raised to " Clean Your Plate"

The Made with love.  "food is Love"  mindset.

The product is some sort of food awareness, psychological reset of the triggers we were brought up with or started years ago. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine   I get the gist of mindless eating and such but the examples are annoying.

I lost over 110 lbs the year before my 30th birthday.  Losing it wasn't all that hard, keeping of................well, that is a different story.

My problem was I obviously knew I lost a butt ton of weight off my body, your head sometimes takes longer to catch up to it mentally. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@retiredatlast wrote:

All the Liberty Mutual commercials, especially the ones with Lemu the Emu.  Really annoying.  Also the Progressive commercials with Flo- really annoying as well. 

Luckily I watch shows after recording with streaming, so I can fast forward through these.  And HULU has no commercials on my plan and that is great.   

That Flo girl....I don't know the actress who plays her.  She was annoying in the beginning.  Began to get funny when played different characters.  Lately she's gone back to being annoying.  I bet she makes a darn good living doing those commercials.  I've lost count of the number of Progressive commercials she's been in.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird   DD said Flo is played by Stephanie Courtney.  She heard on a podcast years ago Courtney used to do stand up comedy. The guy on the podcast said she has/had a big house  in the Hollywood Hills.

Playing Flo for  years must have really paid off.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@retiredatlast wrote:

That Flo girl....I don't know the actress who plays her.  She was annoying in the beginning.  Began to get funny when played different characters.  Lately she's gone back to being annoying.  I bet she makes a darn good living doing those commercials.  I've lost count of the number of Progressive commercials she's been in.

Stephanie Courtney is the actress.   I could be wrong but I think she developed the character & some of the commercials.   Saw her play a mom on an old House episode.

I think she's clever but her co-workers really annoy me.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@retiredatlast wrote:

Stephanie Courtney is the actress.   I could be wrong but I think she developed the character & some of the commercials.   Saw her play a mom on an old House episode.

I think she's clever but her co-workers really annoy me.

I've seen her in movies: She was in the remake of:"The Heartbreak Kid."  But wow, she sure hit the jackpot with those commercials!!!