Honored Contributor

Re: No one is watching The Voice? No thread?

I like Joshua. I don't want Meghan to win because frankly I'm tired of Blake always winning. I would like Joshua to win but won't be surprised if it's Sawyer.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/30/2015 goldenretriever said:
On 4/29/2015 twocent said:

Hoping for Sawyer.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Sawyer has the "it" factor, which doesn't come along very often. He's in his own category, & is a natural. I really look forward to his performances.

Kimberly is excellent (love her, too), & so are the other singers.

But Sawyer....he's something extra-special.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That he is !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Contributor

Corita, after the last couple weeks, I'm hooked on Joshua. I listed to him with headphones and he is tremendous. But I believe he's lost in the shuffle. When they have Sawyer, sing pop music, it's not a fit. I don't know why they have someone that IS a folk singer sing a pop song. But there are about four that are really good. I do believe a lot of teens are voting for him, but I don't see see them sitting in a concert of his kind of music. I see people that grew up in the 60's or 70's going to his a concert.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/3/2015 Arie57 said: Corita, after the last couple weeks, I'm hooked on Joshua. I listed to him with headphones and he is tremendous. But I believe he's lost in the shuffle. When they have Sawyer, sing pop music, it's not a fit. I don't know why they have someone that IS a folk singer sing a pop song. But there are about four that are really good. I do believe a lot of teens are voting for him, but I don't see see them sitting in a concert of his kind of music. I see people that grew up in the 60's or 70's going to his a concert.

Thanks for answer and I agree... I do like Sawyer's voice. Am sure that the teens are voting for Sawyer and he probably will win. But I just don't see any stage presence in his presentations; he seems awkward and a bit uncomfortable on stage. I guess we'll see...

Honored Contributor

I am watching both the The Voice and American Idol. I heard American Idol's rating were down this year but I am actually enjoying it more than The Voice. The schtick between Adam and Blake has grown tiresome.

Super Contributor

I used to watch The Voice, but last season I decided I was done with it. I am so sick of the Blake and Adam show. It's as if they think it's about them and to heck with those who are desperately trying to start a music career.

Respected Contributor

Sawyer was my fave from the start. He brings me back to my Dylan years.

ETA: I'd like to vote for him but can't ever get through on the phone. Can you vote on the Voice website? I don't do Twitter.

Respected Contributor

I like Josh too. Sometimes he reminds me of Kenny Rankin like when he sang ""In My Life"". Anyone remember Kenny Rankin?

Oh yeah! The audience clapping in time to ""In My Life"" like Adam said. Sheesh!

Trusted Contributor

On 5/4/2015 Justina said:

ETA: I'd like to vote for him but can't ever get through on the phone. Can you vote on the Voice website? I don't do Twitter.

i vote using the voice app on my iPad -- it's quick and easy.
Respected Contributor

On 5/4/2015 akaburtonfan said:
On 5/4/2015 Justina said:

i vote using the voice app on my iPad -- it's quick and easy.

I found the on-line voting. I don't have an iPad...still have my flip top cell from 12 years ago lol.