Super Contributor

Re: No ABC Airing of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - What?

I won't pay Apple another dime!  Absolutely ridiculous.  Sooner than we think, everything will be taken away.  At least anything enjoyable.

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@chiclets I saw that Target has it in this weeks ad. Don't know if you've checked there. They do seem to carry it every year. Perhaps there was a run on it since it was announced it's not being broadcast this year.

I did check Targets and they had none. I checked all around.  Thank you. 

I is so sad that something so uplifting will not be shown on TV especially during these dark times.

I think this is so unfortunate for the children who will not have access to it.

In fact, I think it is darn selfish!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 , I did not have to sign up for a subscription and enter CC information when I added Apple TV.   I was able to sign in using my ROKU pin and it was activated.

There are certain dates Apple is allowing anyone to watch these holiday classics for free.  The Hallowee one can be viewed on October 30th through November 1. 

Had I had to enter CC information, I wouldn't have done it.  Half the time I don't remember to cancel free trials until after I get billed for them because my trial is up.  Not going through that again.  LOL

I'm not sure why I wouldn't have had to sign up for a subsciption like others have.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've seen it more times than care to admit so I know how it ends...LOL   I think it's getting a bit long in the tooth and ratings don't support a prime time show.  

@chrystaltree it's a holiday classic.  I know how White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, etc. all end but they are movies I love to watch around the holidays and I continue to watch them every year.  It's part of what makes the holidays the holidays.       

I have so many classics even on VHS. Just last weekend I watched It's A Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart.  I need a little Christmas all year long.  That is a shame about Charlie.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

We have Apple TV plus, so I'll watch it tonight. 

Respected Contributor

Oh no!  well I'm glad I recorded a previous showing; I'll watch it on Halloween. (I love the music)