Honored Contributor

Re: No ABC Airing of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - What?

@homedecor1 wrote:

Sadly it's all about the $$$$$ --

@homedecor1  It's always about the money. What isn't? Isn't Apple TV free for these holiday shows this year? So at least we get one more year.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I've seen it more times than care to admit so I know how it ends...LOL   I think it's getting a bit long in the tooth and ratings don't support a prime time show.  

@chrystaltree it's a holiday classic.  I know how White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, etc. all end but they are movies I love to watch around the holidays and I continue to watch them every year.  It's part of what makes the holidays the holidays.       

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

Sadly it's all about the $$$$$ --

@homedecor1  It's always about the money. What isn't? Isn't Apple TV free for these holiday shows this year? So at least we get one more year.

@proudlyfromNJ , it is free.  I have roku built in my tv and I was able to add Apple TV as a channel without having to give any credit card info. for them to charge me now or in the future.  I'm guessing when the freebie time is up, I just won't be able to get into the app anymore.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm deciding whether to cut the cord or not, but the way things are going, you'd have to have this streaming service to watch this show, and that streaming service to watch another show, and soon you'd be paying out the nose for streaming memberships.

I actually miss the old days of just 3 VHF and 2 or 3 UHF channels.  Simpler to choose and if there was nothing on read a book, take a walk outside, talk to a friend on the phone, etc.  I think we spend so much time today LOOKING for stuff to watch as there is so much to choose from.

I have these on DVD but I find it sad that the lower income folks who cannot afford a bunch of DVDS or to buy all these streaming services will not be able to continue these holiday traditions for future generations.

Respected Contributor

Good Grief Charlie Brown.

This is a disgrace.

Every season I look forward to watching any Charlie Brown/Peanuts show.

I have no grandchildren, I have me, myself and I to be a kid again and to smile and wonder and laugh and sing with all gang.

I tried to purchase the dvds from various vendors but they are all sold out.

I feel I have lost my holiday companions.

Shame on Apple.

Shame on them all for doing this to the public.

It makes me angry and I feel tears in my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I don't have Apple TV nor will pay for it.  My kids have it -- i don't watch enough tv to really pay for all these various tv selections:

Netflix

Prime Amazon

Apple

Hulu

etc.

I think I watch a couple of shows a week -- I'm not one who can sit long enough!

Respected Contributor

@chiclets I saw that Target has it in this weeks ad. Don't know if you've checked there. They do seem to carry it every year. Perhaps there was a run on it since it was announced it's not being broadcast this year.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

I don't have Apple TV nor will pay for it.  My kids have it -- i don't watch enough tv to really pay for all these various tv selections:

Netflix

Prime Amazon

Apple

Hulu

etc.

I think I watch a couple of shows a week -- I'm not one who can sit long enough!

@homedecor1  All I said about Apple TV was that it is free to watch The Great Pumpkin and the winter holiday shows this year. I didn't say anything about buying a subscription.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Netflix

Prime Amazon

Apple

Hulu

etc.

@homedecor1  All I said about Apple TV was that it is free to watch The Great Pumpkin and the winter holiday shows this year. I didn't say anything about buying a subscription.

@proudlyfromNJ 

yes, I know that's what you said BUT according to my kids you just can't get "free" watch from these services unless you sign up for account and enter your cc info.

If its free that's great!  

@Lipstickdiva 

I saw your post - I think I may have it on my TV but its 10 years old and I'm not sure if its "smart" like todays tvs.  My spouse has a Sony Bravia 75" that does everything but talk to him -- yet he still continues to watch just cable shows.  We are both computer dopes!!! lol

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Oops, my mistake saying you could watch those show for free.