Honored Contributor

On Hulu-another series based on a Liane Moriarty book. Anyone watching?

I watched the first three episodes yesterday. I didn't like it that much, very strange and the characters are not likable. But somehow I feel like I have to watch the other episodes to see how it unfolds.?

I am a fan of Nicole Kidman, but I don't like her in this role at all.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I make it through about 40 minutes and turned it off. Just could not get into it.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Interesting to read this, as I too am a NK fan, was going to sign up again with Hulu (I had ended my subscription this spring as I was no longer watching anything on it), and I was looking forward to this. NK and Melissa McCarthy, both actresses I like. But honestly...when I've seen previews...it DOES look weird, and NK's character seems annoyingly weird to me! It right away smacked of one of those dopey, forced avantgard ideas some writer had, and NK loves to morph into these type of roles.

Not sure now....interested to see, if you continue, if you feel better about it.

But "weird" and "unlikeable characters" certainly doesn't sound enticing to me!

Respected Contributor

I agree. It is very strange and the characters are not likable.

I read some reviews online, and most of them think it is a mediocre show.  Hopefully it gets better in the future episodes.

Valued Contributor

I watched two episodes.  About to watch the third... not sure about this.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nine Perfect Strangers

[ Edited ]

I watched the first three episodes and thought it was really good. Is it weird? Yes, but it's supposed to be weird and it is kind of creepy but in the very best way.

I love Melissa McCarthy's character. I also like several of the others--the young girl and her parents, the guy who won the lottery, and even his wife who is struggling with what many young women do these days--social media. Oh, and the woman who feels she needs to be transformed in body and mind also has endearing qualities. Maybe not if you ask the guy she tried to strangle but anyone can have an off day. Smiley Very Happy

Nicole Kidman's character is not meant to be liked--at least not yet. Depending on the rest of the episodes we'll find out if she's more or less likable. Either way, she's doing a good job playing her part.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 I can see it from your point of view too, and that's what kept me watching I guess.

The ultimate question for me is what's really going on with the place and Nicole's character.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 I can see it from your point of view too, and that's what kept me watching I guess.

The ultimate question for me is what's really going on with the place and Nicole's character.

I agree, that's the ultimate question and why I'll be streaming this week's episode. I need to know what naughty Nicole is up to! 

Respected Contributor

I've read most of her books but could not get into this one so won't be watching.  

Valued Contributor

I've read all her books ~ but actually couldn't stand this one. 

I watched the first episode and will continue on ~ they're trying to recapture whatever magic they had with Big Little Lies ~ but I don't think it's going to work. 

NK's hair is extremely distracting. Yep, deep thoughts here. lol