Honored Contributor

Nikki McKibbin, Finalist on 'American Idol' Season 1, Dead at 42

[ Edited ]

"The love of my life Nikki Sadler suffered an aneurysm on Wednesday," McKibbin's husband, Craig Sadler, wrote on Facebook. "She would already be gone, but she's an organ donor and has been kept on life support to make that possible. That shouldn't be a surprise to us. Even at the end she is still giving."

"She was so loved that I know thousands of you will be grieving with us," Sadler continued, before suggesting a sweet way McKibbin's fans can honor her memory. 

"The current Covid situation won't allow the huge service that she deserves, but I would like to offer you the opportunity to honor her. She will be taken to the OR at 3:00 am Central time to give her final gift that will save the lives of strangers. You probably know she practically worshiped Stevie Nicks. Before they begin, they will play Landslide for her one last time. If you are able, you can pause at 3:00 wherever you are and listen to it with her. She will know that you're sharing her farewell. She loved so many of you and I know you loved her too," he concluded

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nOdfCRZbjc4

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nikki McKibbin, Finalist on 'American Idol' Season 1, Dead at 42

Very sad.  So young.  I hadn't read her husband's post, just the other sites. Very nice that they played Landslide.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of her but it's very sad.  My sister had two brain aneurysms and was fortunate that she survived the second one.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I remember her, it's very sad, and she was so young. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden   I remember her, it's very sad, and she was so young. 

@CAcableGirl2  She had her demons with drugs and addiction....she fought through it. So sad, so young..

Honored Contributor

She died at age 42.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i do remember her......so young, so sad. may she rest in peace.

https://www.etonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/max_970x546/public/images/2020-11/gettyimages-85923869_1.jpg?h=68cab9e7&itok=K1NwDT50

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein