Honored Contributor

Nick Jonas To Join The Voice

I'm watching the Today show, and they just announced that Nick Jonas will join The Voice as a coach next season.  He will be taking Gwen's place.  Carson said that Gwen will be taking a residency in Las Vegas and would probably be back.  I hope she will NOT be back.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nick Jonas To Join The Voice

Not a fan of him. Something about him just bugs me. Don't quite know what it is. Looks, personality,? I don't know. Just a bad vibe I guess.  I tried watching The Voice a few times and like most reality shows I got bored and moved on to something else. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty  There IS something about him. And, Joe. They seem perfectly nice when I see them interviewed or on something, but there is something skeevy about them. That is mean & I don't really think that they are bad people. Kevin doesn't bother me. 

LOL I love boy bands in general, much to my family's dismay/entertainment, & I do enjoy their song "Sucker", but .......yeah....

Super Contributor

Can't stand him, he is so full of himself and very overrated.  Kevin is the only brother I like, very down to earth

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am just so glad to hear that Gwen will not be back, at least next season. She has ruined the show for me and I am out until they start the actual competition. 

Esteemed Contributor

My 25 yo daughter will finally watch the show with me when it comes on- right now she leaves the room as soon as 'The Voice' music plays! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I think I heard/saw the Jonas brothers perform one time and I was not impressed.  Maybe they were "off" that day, but I got the impression that they were a manufactured "talent" with a lot of marketing behind them.  I've never heard any of them sing on their own.  If I were a contestant on the Voice and he was my coach I would feel like I got the consolation prize. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny that people see things differenty, I guess it's life experience. Nick is very quiet and low key- that's sort of me and I had years of people misintepreting that... Woman Frustrated

Catch him  on PBS sometime--  the 25th Aniversay of Les Miserables. Nick was so out of his element w\th  Broadway performers and their powerful ranges-  but he was  terrific! Seeing this performance got my kids wanting to see something other than  Disney musicals  too! Heart

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I am just so glad to hear that Gwen will not be back, at least next season. She has ruined the show for me and I am out until they start the actual competition. 

I so agree with you. She did not act that way before she was going out with Blake. Now that they are together she needs to act her age not like a bubbling teenager. I hope she doesn't come back also.

Honored Contributor

As far as I'm concend the Jonas boys both individually and collectively always were and continue to be minor celebrities... I've never found any of them particularly attractive or talented... I don't think any of them has enough of a voice to be coaching anybody... He must have a seriously good agent...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...